Genencor launches Accellerase 1500, next step toward scale-up of cellulosicethanol
- Partners in innovation. Baker, John; Odriscoll, Cath // European Chemical News;5/23/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2148, p22
Highlights the exploration of applications using biotechnology and silicon science being conducted by the Silicon Biotechnology Alliance between Dow Corning and Genencor. Patent application of the alliance for nanoscale systems; Identification of protease enzyme catalyses by the alliance for a...
- Genencor eats up Solvay unit in latest consolidation. Wood, Andrew; Thomas, Nick // Chemical Week;12/6/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 22, p9
Reports on Genencor International Inc.'s plan to acquire Solvay Enzymes Inc. for $100 million. Genencor's projected sales after the acquisition.
- GENENCOR ACHIEVES MAJOR PROGRESS IN BIOMASS TO ETHANOL. // Worldwide Energy;Dec2004, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p2
Focuses on the efforts of Genencor International to reduce the cost of enzymes which enable biomass processing in the production of ethanol. Information on the estimated cellulase cost achieved by the company; Importance of a technology developed by the company to biorefinery growth; Background...
- Genecor-P&G Contract. // Chemical Week;11/21/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 43/44, p35
Provides information on the enzyme supply contract awarded by Procter & Gamble to Genencor International.
- Genencor Signs $600 Million Agreement With P&G. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/12/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 17, p2
Reports on an international commercial contract between Genencor International Inc. and Procter & Gamble Co. for the manufacture of protease enzymes for laundry and dish detergents. Uses of protease enzymes; Significance of the deal to the Procter & Gamble business; Revenues of Genencor for the...
- Lower Energy Energy Sources. // R&D Magazine;Sep2005, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p41
Reports on the development of the enzyme product GC 535 which reduces the energy required to process biomass into ethanol by a research team at Genencor International in California. Increase in ethanol product and co-product yield brought by GC 535; Effect of GC 535 on the active yeast population.
- OTHER NEWS TO NOTE. // BioWorld Today;4/3/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 64, p2
The article presents news briefs related to biotechnology. Diosynth Biotechnology signed an agreement with Talecris Biotherapeutics for process development activities and current good manufacturing practice production of clinical trial material for a form of recombinant plasminogen. Genencor...
- When Does Clycosylation Matter? Bush, Laura // BioPharm International;Jun2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p10
The article questions the importance of glycosylation in ensuring the functionality of protein therapeutics. Dave Estell had presented at a conference the protein scaffolds that his company, Genencor, employ to manufacture industrial enzymes quickly and at a low cost. Estell revealed the process...
- Gene genie. De Guzman, Doris // ICIS Chemical Business;11/3/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 17, p38
The article reports that Genencor International Inc. has been exhibiting its industrial biotechnology capabilities through several project announcements targeting the chemical and biofuel makers. It states that the firm's industrial biotech projects include the development of cellulosic ethanol...