Sony Drops PS2 Price
- PS3 Gets a Sales Boost. Gaudiosi, John // Home Media Magazine;7/29/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p6
The article reports on the marketability of PlayStation 3 game consoles (PS3) from Sony. Sales at 5 major retail stores increased by more than 135 percent following a price decrease. As of July 2007, PlayStation hardware and software sales increased by 161 and 60 percent, respectively. June...
- SONY DROPS 80GB PS3 PRICE. Gaudiosi, John // Home Media Magazine;10/21/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p1
This article reports on the confirmation by Sony Corp. that its new 80GB PlayStation 3 will drop to $500. This is down by $100 from its launch price. It explains that the PlayStation 3 will remain bundled wity the racing game MotorStorm. It says that the move came with the introduction of the...
- Report: PS2 Rules Japan for Lifetime Sales. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;10/21/2008, p11
The article reports on the lifetime sales performance of Sony's PlayStation 2 in Japan. sales. The company's PSP handheld sold 10,181,888 units. Microsoft Xbox 360 has been gaining ground, but its sales in Japan are still considerably weaker than the PS3's, something the company hopes to change...
- DISCONTINUED 60GB PS3 GONE FROM SONY SITE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;9/2/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p48
The article reports on the decision of Sony to stop selling the 60GB PlayStation 3 game console at its Web site. But there are still some stores that sell the game console. According to a company representative, the game console will be available in North America until supplies last.
- Sony breaks sales record with Japan PSP Slim launch. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;10/8/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 41, p36
The article reports on the sales record set by the release of the PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim model of Sony Corp. in Japan. Sony has sold more than half a million models of the PSP-2000 within the first three weeks of the product's debut, according to Sony's gaming division. The PSP-2000...
- Sony Drops PS3 Price to $299. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/24/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the decline in the price of Sony's Playstation 3 in North America. The video game console includes a Blu-ray Disc player and will get a 100 U.S. dollar price cut. According to video game industry analyst Anita Frazier, it is great news for the industry, which has weathered...
- PlayStation 4 a Strong Game Market Contender for Sony: 10 Reasons Why. Reisinger, Don // eWeek;11/22/2013, p12
The article proposes 10 reasons as to why the PlayStation 4 gaming console from electronics maker Sony is a strong game market contender. It expects the appeal of the price of the PlayStation 4 to buyers and commends its design that is said to look good in any entertainment center. It looks...
- Japan : SONY - Over 10 million PS4 consoles sold worldwide. // TendersInfo News;8/14/2014, p1
The article reports on an announcement made by Sony that its has sold more than 10 million PlayStation 4 (PS4) consoles worldwide, as of August 2014.
- Sony beats its PS4 sales target, with 5.3m consoles sold. // Flare (Pakistan);Mar2014, p80
The article reports that electronics and gaming company Sony Corp. has sold 5.3 million units of PlayStation 4 as of February 8, 2014, surpassing its five million units target by the end of March.