Vita Needle Finds Vital Employees Among the Elderly
- Silver Lining. McGarvey, Robert // Entrepreneur;Feb1999, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p88
Discusses issues on hiring older employees. Psychological tensions experienced by managers in supervision of older workers; Legal protection for workers addressed by the government; Common disadvantages of hiring older workers.
- Job fair planned for area senior citizens. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);5/31/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p7A
Reports on the launching of the Experience Works Job Fair for senior citizens in Hillsboro, Texas on June 5, 2006. Source of funding of Experience Works; Employment services offered by Experiene Works to low-income senior citizens.
- Gray goods. Lewis, Len // Progressive Grocer;Mar98, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p10
Considers the trend of employing old workers in the food industry business. Criteria of old workers fitted for the job; Company that specializes in hiring older workers.
- Jobs for the elderly. // Asia Weekly;10/13/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 40, p23
The author reflects on the implementation of the jobs intended for senior citizens in Korea. The author argues for the welfare of the aged and cites the need of the government to determine ways to alleviate the burden of an aging society. He looks at the possible condition of senior citizens by...
- EDITORIAL: Age discrimination alive and well in Canada. // Filipino Post;8/30/2012, p12
The article discusses the belief of many Canadians that employers discriminate against older workers during the labour shortage in British Columbia. It mentions that in an Ipsos-Red survey, the hiring personnel are found to favour giving the vacant job to people in their own age bracket. It...
- State's 'outstanding older worker' sought. Stone, Tracie // New Hampshire Business Review;3/3/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p22
The article reports that Experience Works, a national training and employment organization committed to help older employees secure employment, is searching for oldest outstanding worker in New Hampshire. The search is part of the "Experience Works Prime Time Awards," a national initiative put...
- Mature employees cut staff turnover. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/1/2003, Issue 2579, p9
Reports that employers can reduce high staff turnover and recruitment costs by hiring aged employees. Potential role of younger staff in reducing the costs incurred by a company; Preponderance of women in the travel industry; Possibility of labor crisis in the travel industry.
- Labour force set to see marked rise in over-50s. // Personnel Today;2/28/2006, p47
This article reports that the British workforce is set to rise by 6.7% over the next 14 years, from 30.1 million people today, to 32.1 million people by 2020. Projections from the Office for National Statistics show that from 2006 to 2015, the largest contribution to growth will be changes in...
- THE AGE OF OPPORTUNITY. // Director;Mar2010, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p22
The article discusses the benefits of recruiting and retaining older employees. The author states that almost one-third of Great Britain's workforce will be aged 50 and up by year 2020, and adds that in this situation, employers must be prepared to evolve their approaches towards older workers....