Retirement Plan Trends
- Allow Employees Choice In Plans? Not Now. Johnson, Kimberly A. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/4/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 36, p13
Discusses why it is not advisable to offer employees a choice of disability insurance plans in the United States. How allowing employees to select from an array of disability plans, carriers and coverages would generate an increase in total absence costs for the employers; Explanation on the...
- ON THE WEB. // Employee Benefit Adviser;May2013, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p10
The article presents topics and tweets from the "Employee Benefit Adviser" website eba.benefitnews.com including one on the age gap at the U.S. insurance industry, one on incentives and disincentives, and one on 401(k)s in Retirement Gamble special.
- A love affair with 401(k) plans. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;10/30/97, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p26
Focuses on the relationship employees and employers have with 401(k) plans. Comments from David Wray, president of Profit-Sharing/401(k) Council of America; What the 401(k) plan represent for employees; What employers receive under the 401(k) plan; Information on the plans' growth from 1986 to...
- Auto enrollment may lead to poor 401(k) returns. Rosenberg, Lee Fletcher // Business Insurance;7/23/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p4
Focuses on the significance of enrolling employees on the automatic 401(k) plan enrollment programs in the United States. Description of the program; Benefits of the program to employees; Disadvantages of the program.
- Companies Back Pro-Savings Legislation. // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar2002, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the enhancement of benefits programs by employers in line with the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act in the U.S. Authorization of employees to make catch-up contributions to 401(k) plans; Percentage of employers allowing catch-up contributions; Rate of companies...
- GAO: Workers Should Know Risk Of Too Much Employer Stock In 401(k)s. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/14/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 41, p30
Reports on the risk of too much 401(k) plan on the stock of the employers in the U.S. Percentage of pension plan assets; Protection of the employers on the employees; Possibility of losing a job.
- New Laws Boon for Contributing to Retirement Plans. Goldstein, Robert // San Diego Business Journal;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p20
Provides advice about the 401(k) plan for employees in the U.S. Legislation affecting 401(k) and other tax-qualified retirement plans; Increase in contribution limits; Amount of yearly contribution.
- 401(k) balances 11% higher in 2010. GEISEL, JERRY // Business Insurance;2/28/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the increase in the 401(k) account balances of employees in the U.S. in 2010.
- Gearing Up to Gear Down. Stav, Julie // Hispanic;Jun2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p48
Presents a guideline for United States employees on choosing among the 401(k) options available for them at work. Investment goal of growth investors; Web site suggested for investors; Tips on investing in hybrid mutual funds.