Getting To Know You
- A NEW LOOK AT EMPLOYEE ORIENTATION. Kanouse, Daniel N.; Warihay, Philomena I. // Training & Development Journal;Jul80, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p34
Presents excerpts from a systematic approach to employee orientation which was developed, tested and implemented in organizations. Indication that orientation should be a personal experience between manager and employee; Description of some of the beneficial outcomes of an effective orientation...
- Orientation programs can boost retention. // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p25
Highlights the importance of formal orientation programs of companies. Effective tool in retaining and motivating personnel; Significance of the first day of employment; List of things that should be offered in the first orientation session.
- Making a good first impression. McGillicuddy, John // Public Management (00333611);Jan99, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on the approach used by the local government of Mecklenburg County, North Carolina in conducting new-employee orientations. Significance of new-employee orientations; Overview of the situation at Mecklenburg prior to the change in the orientation approach; How an orientation at...
- How to cut the cost of job orientation. Loraine, Kaye // Supervision;Jul99, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p12
Presents steps in conducting job orientation. Significance of job orientation on personnel management; Why choosing the person to manage the orientation is critical.
- New employee orientation is your job! Lindo, David K. // Supervision;Aug99, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p6
Offers a look at how to manage new employee orientation. Plans to make a new employee feel important; How to convince new employees that they have made the right choice in working for a company; Topics to be discusses during orientation; How to make sure the cultural commitment process works.
- ORIENT NEW WORKERS QUICKLY. Cox, Catherine; Sweeney, Theresa // Credit Union Management;May2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p6
Offers advice on proper orientation of new hired employees.
- Roll out the welcome mat. Mochari, Ilan // Inc.;May99, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p101
Provides ways on how to integrate employees into company culture. Employee mentorship; One-on-one approach; Addition of photographs and mini-biographies of employees into the company's intranet yearbook.
- Orientations point the way. Chase, Nancy // Quality;Feb99, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p112
Expounds on the importance of effective employee orientations in companies. Effect of first impressions; Suggestions from Glenn McKee, trainer for the American Management Association; How to avoid information overload.
- FORM: The Employment Relationship. Guerin, Lisa; DelPo, Amy // Create Your Own Employee Handbook;2013, pF3
A form regarding employee orientation is presented.