Take a Hike
- Make Your Point... and an Impression. Booher, Dianna // OfficePro;Aug/Sep99, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p32
Cites the function of meetings as an excellent vehicle for airing grievances, debating policies and proposing new ideas to your superior. Details on how to make the most when there is a meeting; Description on each stage in making the most of your meeting; Assertion of views, display of expertise.
- Bringing the Live Event to Life. Suss, Drew // Communication World;Jun/Jul2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p40
Discusses ways for corporate communicators to maximize the value of managers' meetings or conferences. How corporate meetings offer business leaders an opportunity to change behavior that drives goals; Determination of what people want to do differently when they leave the meeting; Recognition...
- Well-planned business conference is effective communications form. Brush, Judith; Brush, Douglas // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/17/95, Vol. 6 Issue 25, Focus Magazine p2
States that a well-planned and organized business conference can be a highly effective form of communication. Formal and informal business communications; Enhancement of the effectiveness of all forms of communication media.
- Pop Quiz. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Mar2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p41
Offers a quiz on conducting effective business meetings. Meeting schedule; Purpose of the meeting.
- Bridging the gender gap. Pollack, Neal // Crain's Chicago Business;8/8/94, Vol. 17 Issue 32, pT1
Discusses the concept of political correctness in business meetings. Implications of gender differences in business communications; Possible outcomes of communications; Ways to control meetings with gender difference factor.
- Putting words in their ears, in any language. Pollack, Neal // Crain's Chicago Business;8/8/94, Vol. 17 Issue 32, pT3
Discusses the translation process of multilingual business meetings. Tasks of interpreters; Ways to ensure smooth translation processes; Suggested planning tools.
- Five Strategies and Technologies for Better Communication. AGUGLIARO, MIKE // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/19/2015, Vol. 256 Issue 7, p26
In this article, the author discusses several strategies and technologies for enhancing communication within a business, which includes use of video conference for reaching team members, organizing of brief stand-up meeting, and use of phone-based survey for follow-ups.
- Sound Bites. // Communication Briefings;Nov2015, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p1
The article presents communication tips for a business setting including following two-block rule to ensure no one hears what is said when discussing matters taken up at the offsite meeting, leaving a voice mail on the office phone to hear and evaluate how one sounds, and late entry into a...
- Videoconferencing for everyone. van der Kooy, Rob // Finance Week;04/13/2001, p21
Focuses on the growing popularity of videoconferencing as a business tool. Available solutions for the technology; Equipment for setting up a videoconferencing system; Leading software packages for videoconferencing. INSETS: Web sites can help.;A more expensive option..