Taming the Information Glut
- QUAKER CHEMICAL LAUNCHES NEW WEBSITE. // Tribology & Lubrication Technology;Jul2013, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p65
The article reviews the web site www.quakerchem. com from chemical products company Quaker Chemical.
- Web Recruiting Fills Dried-Up Candidate Pools. Crowley, Aileen // PC Week;10/12/98, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p77
Discusses the Internet-based recruiting of information technology (IT) professionals. Projected growth of the Internet recruiting market by year 2002; How an IT professional should view the online recruiting phenomenon; Strategies for Internet recruiting.
- Business development: The fundamentals. // Recruiter;Jul2014, p6
The article offers information on the enterprise recruitment software from Intersoftware.
- New e-risk: 'Blacklist' hiring software can trigger defamation lawsuits. // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Sep2015, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p2
The article offers information on the role of recruiting software which shares candidates' basic information with other employer/subscribers in increasing defamation claims, and also mentions a case of Mishka who was fired from her job at Bank of America.
- Social Software. Arnold, Stephen E. // Searcher;Oct2003, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p30
Discusses the concept of social software, which is used to describe Internet technological innovations. Components; Syndication of the content of the blogs; Example of social software in action; Volume of digital information available on public and private Web sites.
- Making Information Technology Work for Public Housing. Roach, Ronald // Black Issues in Higher Education;12/19/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p37
Discusses the use of information technology applications to public housing programs in the U.S. Development of the computer software and Internet-based program Housing eCounselor; Features of the housing program; Application of mathematical modeling and management science to public service...
- Digest. // PC Week;08/16/99, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p31
Offers news regarding computers for August 1999. A free news and information resource Web site for information technology (IT) professionals from TechRepublic Inc.; The licensing of core technology to add text analysis at Autonomy Inc.; An additional plug-in for Visual C++ on CodeWizard 3.0...
- Computing Ethics. Birsch, Douglas; Dorbolo, Jon // APA Newsletters;Spring2004, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p146
Comments on books and articles dealing with computer ethics and information technology. Contents of Richard A. Spinello's book "Case Studies in Information Technology"; Web sites useful in relating to computer ethics and information technology; Rules to consider in the unauthorized copying of...
- Federating Websites with the Google Wave Protocol. Weis, Torben; Wacker, Arno // IEEE Internet Computing;05/01/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p51
This article presents a software architecture and communication protocol for synchronizing user-generated content across websites in near real time. The technique builds on the Google Wave Federation Protocol, allowing websites to mashup and cooperate in ways that are difficult to achieve with...