Retrieval and Review
- Everyday Exercise. // Body Bulletin;Nov2000, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p1
Presents several exercise ideas.
- Nice Shoulder. // Backpacker;Dec2003, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p88
Details an exercise program aimed at strengthening the upper body.
- The Next Best Thing. Eyestone, Ed // Runner's World;Jan2004, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p34
Offers guidelines for using cross-training workouts as option to running.
- The Final Countdown. Katagi, Kellee // Ski;Oct2005, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p217
Presents an eight-week ski-fitness training regimen that was developed with the help of exercise scientist Doctor Tudor Bompa and skier Daron Rahlves. INSETS: THE MAX FACTOR;BOUNCE BACK;DON'T LOSE IT.
- The Buddy System. Katagi, Kellee // Ski;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p79
The article offers step-by-step instructions for several exercises that are done with a partner, including medicine ball twists, hamstring curl, and back extension.
- 101 ways to use a phone book. Prevost, Catherine; Kimsey, Ramona; Sasek, Judy; Duca, Chris; Kaladjian, Shirleyann // Women's Sports & Fitness;Mar98, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p22
Discusses various exercises that can be done indoors. Early-morning aerobics program while in a hotel; Doing the step aerobics on the bunk; Alternative to running outdoors while in sensitive areas like Jordan and Turkey.
- Winter workouts: Dress for success. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jan1999, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p7
Cites tips on how to dress properly during winter workouts. Creation of an insulating pocket of warm air around the body; Proper covering of vulnerable parts; Timely detection of frostbite and hypothermia. INSET: Discomfort -- or danger?.
- How Much Exercise Do You Really Need? // Natural Health;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p19
Presents information on exercises. Recommendations of the expert; Advantages of exercises.
- the champ's training diary. Curry, Susie // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness Hers;Apr/May2002, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p38
Presents tips on how to perform lower abdominal muscle exercises. Variations of the hanging knee raise exercise; Recommended speed of the positive and negative portions of the exercise repetition; Other exercises for the lower abdominal muscles.