A Decade of Research Literature in Physical Education Pedagogy
- What's Your PE Program All About? Chorney, David // Physical & Health Education Journal;Autumn2011, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p24
The article discusses factors to be considered by physical education (PE) teachers in determining how to modify a program in order to stay relevant and meaningful for students. PE teachers are advised to offer units of instruction that represent the categories or domains that reflect the...
- DEVELOPMENT COURSE OF HEALTH EDUCATION IN THE FACULTY OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION FOR GIRLS IN ZAGAZIG BASED ON THE NEEDS OF LABOR MARKET IN THE HEALTH CLUBS. AMAL, MUSTAFA; CEHAN, MAHMOUD // Ovidius University Annals, Series Physical Education & Sport/Sci;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p215
The present research aims at: 1- Constructing a cognitive questionnaire to recognize the suitability of the health education course in the faculty of Physical Education for girls in Zagazig in the light of the requirements of the labor market in the health clubs. 2- Developing the health...
- Physical Education: Futures, destiny and destinationsâ€¦. Penney, Dawn // Physical Educator - Journal of Physical Education New Zealand;Feb2011, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p4
The author expresses his belief that the future for Physical Education in Aotearea New Zealand will be determined by how each teacher intends to deliver the course. He emphasizes the value of plotting clearly the purpose of the curriculum before it is developed and to have a vision of the target...
- DATA ANALYSIS FOR SOCIOLOGY UNDERGRADUATES: INNOVATIONS OF INSTANT COMPUTATION. Sim, Francis M.; De Jong, Gordon F.; Kreider, Glen D.; Kauffman, David E. // American Sociologist;May71, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p153
This article describes the changes made in teaching data analysis in the sophomore-level sociological course and the computation facility that has improved the opportunity of students for acquiring practice in analysis techniques and interpretation. The main objective of the beginning methods...
- Reflections on TECPEP. Graham, George; Metzler, Michael; Webster, Gail // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul1991, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p419
The article presents the authors' reflections on the "Teacher Effectiveness in Children's Physical Education Project" study, presented in this issue of the "Journal of Teaching in Physical Education." The article discusses physical education curriculums, physical education teachers, funding...
- Perspectives of teachers on the implementation of Life Orientation in Grades Râ€”11 from selected Western Cape schools. Van Deventer, Karel // South African Journal of Education;Feb2009, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p127
Educational transformation in South Africa not only brought about Outcomes- based Education and Curriculum 2005 but also a new Learning Area/Subject, called Life Orientation (LO). A major challenge for LO as a new Learning Area/Subject is the preconceptions that exist about it, and the fact that...
- 'Real teaching, real learning': thinking about content and methods in SOSE. Tudball, Libby // Ethos P-6;2002 Term 3, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p1
Provides information on the content and methods involved in the Study of Society and the Environment (SOSE). Curriculum standards frameworks of the SOSE; Categories of the four New Basics program; Argument of author James Beane in his book 'A Middle School Curriculum.'
- THE PRIMARY SOCIAL EDUCATION CURRICULA IN HONG KONG AND SHANGHAI. Tin-yau Lo, Joe // International Social Studies Forum;2002, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on a study which compared the primary social education curricula in Hong Kong and Shanghai in China. Aim of social studies curricula in Hong Kong and Shanghai; Differences in the curriculum; Implications for curriculum change.
- FROM THE EDITOR. E. W. R // Theory & Research in Social Education;Winter97, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue which include studies on the development of social studies curriculum and instruction, and the moral authority of positivist social science.