Try This Industrial-Strength Dispensary Booster
- INDEPENDENT OPTOMETRY? Carswell, Richard // Optometry Today;5/4/2012, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p8
The author reflects on the challenge faced by optometry practice in Great Britain, which independence he believes is under threat due to restricted clinical practice and the competitive market.
- Optometrists Release Workforce Projections. // Review of Ophthalmology;Apr2000, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the study on the expansion of the scope of optometric practice for the American Optometric Association in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Changes in patient volumes; Number of actively practicing optometrists in 1997; Contribution of aging American population to the increase in patient...
- Funny Patient Stories. Crannell, Linda; Munz, Ric // Review of Optometry;10/15/2005, Vol. 142 Issue 10, p26
Presents letters to the editor discussing issues related to the practice of optometry.
- Sweating the Small Stuff. Hellem, Amy // Review of Optometry;3/15/2006 Part 1 of 3, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p21
The article discusses various topics published within the issue, including "A Game Plan for Better Office Design" by John A. Marasco, and another which presents ideas to improve office layout.
- OPTOMETRIC STUDY CENTER QUIZ. // Review of Optometry;3/15/2006 Part 1 of 3, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p78
A quiz concerning Optometric Study Center course is presented.
- Balancing Patience and Eagerness. Bijlefeld, Marjolijn // Review of Optometry;Nov2008 Women in Optometry, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by optometrist Tanya Mahaphon on her decision to wait patiently for the right practice, another one on optometrist Dawn Dunford's patient approach to bringing new doctors into rural Manitoba and her desire to...
- Judging a Book by Its Cover. Hellem, Amy // Review of Optometry;4/15/2009, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the risks exploration of online rating sites and its impact to the optometry profession, on the redevelopment of contact lens approaches and improvement of optometry practice.
- First Practice Metrics. // Review of Optometry;Mar2010 Women In Optometry Supplmnt, p7
The article presents a report titled Key Metrics of New Independent Optometric Practices released by First Practice Academy that says women were more likely to start a practice from scratch than men while men were more likely to acquire an existing practice than women among new practice owners.
- Productive Response to a Poor Economy. // Review of Optometry;Nov2010 Women In Optometry, p5
The article reports on the proactive steps taken by optometrists to combat the poor economy with strategies like additional services and expansion of marketing for their practice.