Course Technology Expands Online Offerings With WebCT Deal
- ASK? NAJ. // Distance Education Report;3/15/2006, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p3
The article answers a reader's question on the merger of course management systems (CMS) WebCT and Blackboard. The merger is questioned by some groups because of the expected loss of competition and lack of pressure to improve services. Other CMS options are available, such as the Modular...
- 'How hackers think'. Doran, Ryan // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/31/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 22, p10
The article reports on the development of the "Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures Series" certification by Course Technology Inc. for computer network defense service providers.
- Publisher Offers Electronic Versions of Textbooks. // T H E Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on the offer of electronic textbooks from Course Technology, computer education publishing division of Thompson Learning. Implications of the e-book platform resources; Coverage of the secure system; Inclusion of multi-media enhancement.
- ASHCSP partners with NICHSPDP. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jan2002, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the partnership of the American Society for Central Service Professionals with the National Institute for the Certification of Healthcare Sterile Processing and Distribution Personnel.
- Comment. Pateman, Chris // Builders Merchants Journal;Nov/Dec96, p3
Editorial. Discusses business partners as they relate to merchants and manufacturers. Definition of a business partner; Why the merchant-manufacturer partnership is important; Advantages and disadvantages of such a partnership.
- The maury project: An educational partnership for oceanography. Smith, David R.; Geer, Ira W. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Jul97, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p1497
Presents information on a partnership called the Maury Project while focusing the partnership aspects. Identification of the members of the partnership; Reason for the partnership; Information on the primary activity of the Maury Project; Characteristics of the program.
- Avoiding costly mistakes on guaranteed payments to partners. Martin, Barry // CPA Journal;Jul95, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p24
Discusses the rules on guaranteed payments to partners in the United States. Definition of guaranteed payments under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 707(c); Criterion for the determination of the existence of guaranteed payments; Conflict between the Internal Revenue Service and the Tax...
- Contract corner. Edmundson, Bill // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the importance of partnership in contract management. Factors being demanded by clients in a contract.
- Partnership termination regs issued. // Practical Accountant;Jul97, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p17
Presents information on the regulations for the termination of partnerships. Details on the regulations; Conditions of the terminated partnership; Provisions of the regulations effective on May 9, 1996.