Environmental Leadership Programs: Toward an Empirical Assessment of Their Performance
- Initiative calls for phase-in of lead-free wheel weights. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;9/15/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p6
The article reports that a new voluntary program, The new National Lead-Free Wheel Weight Initiative aims to phase in the use of lead-free wheel weights by 2011. The program created by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency joins tire companies, retailers, automakers and government agencies in...
- Better off with the EPA. Gerlat, Allan // Waste & Recycling News;12/6/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p5
In this article, the author focuses on the role of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for the country's economic environment. He informs that today EPA is a ten billion operation but the industry people claims that it imposes tough regulations on free enterprises. According to EPA...
- EPA reform plan would exempt some businesses. // Occupational Hazards;May95, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p96
Reports on the exemptions being granted to businesses and towns exceeding the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)'s standards under a pilot program Reinventing Environmental Regulation plan of US President Bill Clinton. Various provisions of the pilot program; Reactions on the program.
- More positive enforcement. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/21/94, Vol. 232 Issue 12, p54
Editorial. Discusses the US Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) stepping up of its enforcement efforts against polluters as it plans to file more criminal actions against wrongdoers. Tendency of companies to be complacent about fines imposed on them; Encouragement of compliance with laws...
- TRI violators fined. // Occupational Hazards;Aug93, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) action against facilities for failing to report releases of toxic chemicals in 1991 or previous years. Amount of civil penalties; EPA's determination to enforce data reporting requirements.
- Some Like It Hot. // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;Aug2012, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p46
The author comments on the denial of the public officers in Texas regarding the existence of climate change. He cites the stand of Attorney General Greg Abbott, who criticizes the environmental regulations developed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and considered the measures as part...
- Rating the legislative environment Tibbetts, John // Environmental Health Perspectives;Apr1997, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p384
No abstract available.
- EPA regulations will cost jobs. // Texas Agriculture Magazine;10/15/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p4
The article presents the report released by Oklahoma Senator Jim Inhole, the ranking member of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, indicating that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) regulations will costs hundred of thousands of jobs without providing any real public...
- EPA extends helping hand to small businesses. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Oct94, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p10
Discusses the Enforcement Response Policy issued by the Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance designed to encourage small businesses to call on state Small Business Assistance Programs to find practical ways to comply. Correction-period option;...