OLD SCHOOL STRENGTH
- 'Kettlebell training changed my body!'. // Health & Fitness Magazine;May2013, p113
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of performing Kettlercise, a workout program that uses kettlebells.
- Get a Grip on a Better Bench Press. Quill, Scott // Men's Health;Dec2005, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p192
Presents different grips in performing barbell bench presses.
- Kettlebell Comeback. Fable, Shannon // IDEA Fitness Journal;Feb2010, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p25
The article offers tips and ideas on using a kettlebell in a workout. It describes a kettlebell as a weight shaped like a giant cannonball with a single U-shaped handle. Kettlebell training is said to improve cardiorespiratory fitness and muscular strength and endurance while enhancing balance...
- kettle bell. CHRISTIAN, MARGENA A. // Ebony;Aug2010, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p98
The article presents an overview of the physical fitness benefits that are associated with working out with kettle bells. A profile of physical fitness trainer Andrea Nichols-Everett, who owns a boot camp and fitness program in Chicago, Illinois, is presented. A study on the fitness benefits of...
- Kettlebell Training. Young, Robert W. // Black Belt;Apr2012, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p70
An interview with Dr. Mark Cheng is presented. He indicates that kettlebell training was pioneered by the Dragon door and cites Pavel Tsatsouline who put together a certification program called the Russian Kettlebell Certified (RKC). He notes that kettlebell training is surprisingly popular in...
- THE KETTLEBELL WORKOUT. COTTER, STEVE // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jan2012, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p98
The article focuses on the effectiveness of kettlebells for weight training and body building. It mentions that kettlebells were used in Russia in the 18th century, and in recent years it has been accepted in the U.S. as an exercise tool. It states that the kettkebell is just a cast-iron ball...
- KETTLEBELL CLIMB. Fitzgerald, Rob // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Mar2010, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p204
The article offers the basics and tips on how to execute kettlebell conditioning circuit exercise. The author agrees that kettbell can be performed similar to dumbbells. But, he notes that performing with kettlebells require stability of wrists, elbows, shoulders, and lower back to keep...
- Bell Curve. // Shape;Jan2012, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p54
The article reviews the Rip:60 Soft Kettlebell.
- PRESS POINTERS. Scheett, Tim // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec2004, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p70
Presents tips on bench pressing. Factors to consider before starting the training; Steps in lowering the weight of the bench press; Advice on pushing the barbell up.