Putting Your Best Foot Forward
- The Luxe Factor: High-end players continue to make a big play for Russia's consumer market. Sargent, Lydia // FN: Footwear News;5/2/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 18, p10
Presents information on the venture of high-end footwear designers into the Russian luxury market in search for expansion opportunities. Comment from Tesa Totengco, sales director for Rafe, on the attitude of Russian consumers; Intention of ANCI to invest in direct actions addressing Russian...
- The Right Combination. Leand, Judy // SGB;Jan2009, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p64
The article reports that consumers' demand for price and value is reflected in the design of lifestyle boots for fall 2009. It mentions that it is important for vendors and retailers to offer products that combine performance and style to value-conscious consumers. Retailers should focus on...
- Brand Savvy. Curran, Erin // FN: Footwear News;8/4/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 30, p29
The article discusses the views of several male shoppers in New York City about preferences in buying clothes and shoes. Most of them mentions the type of products they like including shoes, apparels and electronic gadgets under the famous brands including Reebok, Converse, and Nike. It also...
- SPRING FLING. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/19/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 106, p2
Presents a story on consumer attitudes and behavior of women toward spring cleaning, based on research from Cotton Inc. Benefit of cleaning closet; Expectations of women for clothing; Motivators for purchasing clothes among women.
- Marketing Myths How well do you know your female customers? Schmitt, Genevieve // Dealernews;Sep2006, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p54
The article discusses the common myths about women motorcycle customers. It is viewed that women do not know a lot about motorcycle because they are not technically minded. It is assumed that women do not mind having their merchandise mixed with the men because they still want to see the...
- Conquista a las Mujeres Consumidoras. Betech, Emilio R. // Entrepreneur Mexico;Aug2008, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p38
No abstract available.
- SALE DAZE. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/8/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 52, p2
Focuses on women consumers who prefer to buy discounted products. Reasons of women for shopping on sale at the end of the season; Description of women consumers paying original price for apparel; Explanation on such behavior of women consumers.
- Year in, Year Out. Popp, Regina Smith; DiLello, Lauren // FN: Footwear News;1/17/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p54
The article offers information on the fashion trends to be expected in 2011. It states that pointed-toe footwears are expected to come back in fashion and remain in business. It mentions that stilettos will make a come back. It highlights the trend of shoes with platforms, which is expected to...
- Clae Model. CLACK, ERIN E. // FN: Footwear News;8/20/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 29, p94
The article focuses on the strategies of footwear designer and founder of Clae brand, Sung Choi, for expanding the brand. It is given that Sung expanded the footwear line by including fashion-contemporary looks and is planning to launch a series of boots on Vibram bottoms. It is mentioned that...