WOMEN'S BUYING HABITS IN 2008
- GLOBAL FOOTHOLDS. // Advertising Age;2/24/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p13
A chart is presented that compares the global market share of several sports footwear and apparel companies in 2002.
- The Evolution of Gender. Dzierzak, Lou // SGB;Mar2009, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the "Women, Power and Money" report which shows marketers' perceptions of women may not be accurate and another on the way sporting goods brands and retailers approach women.
- Worldwide Sporting & Athletic Goods Mfg Industry. // Worldwide Sporting & Athletic Goods Manufacturing Industry Repor;2011, preceding p1
Several tables on topics including sales, establishments and employment in the industry dealing with the manufacture of sporting and athletic goods in countries such as Argentina, Portugal and Canada are presented.
- The Sporting Goods Problem with Women Consumers. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Mar2009, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p20
The article discusses the need of attracting women consumers by full-line sporting goods chains. In the sporting goods space, the women's influence on purchases has grown with increasing participation by girls in team sports and more women overall staying active much later in life. Much more so...
- What Do Women Want? Bouchard, Nancy Prichard // SGB;Mar2009, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p32
The article discusses the need of grabbing female consumer's attention by the sports goods industry. Julie Baxter, vice president (VP) of Moving Comfort, says that women like to buy sports apparel for fitness classes, and there is some planned obsolescence in terms of fashion and colors, so...
- The 2009-2014 Outlook for Sporting Goods Stores in India. Parker, Philip M. // Country Outlook Reports;1/24/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts depicting the 2009-2014 outlook for sporting goods stores in different cities and states of India, including Assam, Bihar, and Delhi, are presented.
- Sporting & Athletic Goods Mfg. Industry (NAICS 33992). // United States Sporting & Athletic Goods Manufacturing Industry R;2011, p1
Several charts related to the U.S. sporting and athletic goods manufacturing industry for 2011 and 2012 are presented including one on the estimated number of employees, one on estimated industry sales, and one on estimated number of establishments.
- SPECTATOR SPORTS INDUSTRY (NAICS 71121). // World Industry & Market Outlook Report;2013, p245
A chart is presented depicting the country estimates for the spectator sports industry worldwide in 2013-2014 including total number of establishments, employees per establishment and sales per establishment.
- The 2011 Import and Export Market for Sporting Goods in Africa. Parker, Philip M. // Regional Trade Reports;1/15/2010, pN.PAG
Several tables and charts are presented which provide data on export and import market for sporting goods in various African countries in 2011 including one on the world exporters' market for imported sporting goods, another on target markets for imported sporting goods, and one summarizing the...