The University College London Archive of Stuttered Speech (UCLASS)
- Grant for retrovirus research. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;3/19/2005, Vol. 156 Issue 12, p364
Reports on the award of a grant to scientists at the University of Glasgow Veterinary School from Wellcome Trust in Glasgow, Scotland. Use of the grant to carry out research into retroviruses; Aim of the scientists to develop a new antiretorival therapies; Researchers involved in the project.
- History will be the judge. Godlee, Fiona // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;5/8/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7754, p984
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including the decision of the Wellcome Trust to close its centre for history of medicine at University College London (UCL), one on a policy in Australia which requires all tobacco products to be sold in standardised plain packets,...
- Academics fight for Wellcome Trust medical history centre. Moore, Wendy // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;5/8/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7754, p995
The article reports on a worldwide campaign launched by staff of the Wellcome Trust Centre for the History of Medicine at University College London (UCL) and emeritus academics calling for a reversal of the decision to close the centre.
- Public History and the Public Understanding of Medicine: the Case of Embryology. Jordanova, Ludmilla // History Workshop Journal;Autumn2010, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p217
The article reviews the website Making Visible Embryos, located at www.hps.cam.ac.uk/visibleembryos, from the Wellcome Trust and the University of Cambridge.
- NETLINES. Brown, Harry // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);06/03/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7248, p1548
Covers news briefs on medical Internet sites in Great Britain. Heart Surgery Forum; Journals Scan; Wellcome Trust's Centre for the Epidemiology of Infectious Disease.
- Wellcome Trust launches major new public engagement initiative. // Vending International;Dec2015, p11
The article announces that Wellcome Trust, a biomedical research charity organisation based in London, England, is launching The Crunch website which features brand identity and communications from the Basic Local Alignment Search Tool (BLAST), centering on food, health and the planet.
- Lots more cash for UK universities. N.L. // Nature;12/16/1999, Vol. 402 Issue 6763, p708
Reports that the British government and the Wellcome Trust have given grants to 27 British universities for science infrastructure projects. Funding of 45 projects in the universities; Project costs; Largest grant to University of Oxford for its chemistry research laboratory.
- Number of Facebook friends linked to size of brain regions, study suggests. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;10/24/2011, Vol. 21, p402
The article reports on the findings of a study conducted at the University College London which explored the association between the number of Facebook friends and the size of certain brain regions in London, England. It highlights the lead investigators of the study which include Professor...
- Comments/Letters. Howard, Richard // Estates Gazette;7/9/2016, Issue 943, p06
In the article, the author discusses the positive effects of the leading academic and medical institutions to the economy and standing of London in England as a top global city as of early July 2016. Among the institutions are Imperial College, the Wellcome Trust, and the University College...