Rapid Installation and Privacy Respect
- Speco Technologies Introduces Auto Networking IP Cameras. // Remote Site & Equipment Management;Oct/Nov2008, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p32
The article introduces the Intelligent Protocol (InPro) IP camera series from Speco Technologies.
- Someone Is Watching You. // Scholastic Action;9/2/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p18
The article discusses the issue of having too many security cameras in public places, presenting both sides of the debate, as well as a persuasive writing test wherein the reader is asked to write an argument paragraph on the issue of security cameras.
- Honeycomb Projects: An Architectural Crime Problem. // Quintessence International;Dec1980, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p86
The article reports on the failure of the various security devices which were equipped in a certain building at honeycomb projects in Los Angeles, California in preventing crime in the vicinity of the said building. It notes that said devices generally do nothing but hamper police access into...
- Support Role for Winning VMS: It's the Camera. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2013, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p40
The article reports on several security cameras used at the Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis, South Dakota to capture the real-life antics of the different events held at the area.
- The New Era of Agile Surveillance. Liscouski, Robert; Doffman, Zak // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2015, p42
The article focuses on the aspects of the surveillance technology industry on providing cost-effective security solutions. Topics discussed include the impact of innovation on the capability of the security systems such as adaptive video analytics and cameras, the advantages of cellular...
- Megapixel Cameras Changing the Landscape of Surveillance. Elliott, David // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2010, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p54
The author discusses the impact of the megapixel cameras in the field of surveillance. He stresses the growing trends of high-definition television (HDTV) cameras in the mainstream surveillance systems due to its niche or one-off solution, image quality and more detailed view. Moreover, the...
- ARCADE ADDICTS AND MALLRATS: PRODUCING AND POLICING SUBURBAN PUBLIC SPACE IN 1980S AMERICA. RIISMANDEL, Kyle // Environment, Space, Place;Fall2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p65
In the 1980s, teenagers came to dominate the last bastions of public spaces on the sprawling suburban landscape: the shopping mall and the arcade. Teenagers' presence and the sense of their domination of those spaces from media and popular culture initiated new regimes of regulation with...
- 7 Signs it's Time to Upgrade Your Video System. Mesenbrink, John // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3/4, p16
Focuses on the modification of closed-circuit television (CCTV) system. Impact of security market growth on CCTV technology; Considerations in CCTV enhancement; Factors influencing preference for CCTV technology.
- Big Brother cares. Horne, Fiona Russell // Builders Merchants Journal;Jan2002, p3
Comments on the Data Protection Act 1998 concerning the use of closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems in Great Britain for security purposes. Provisions of the act regarding the privacy and respect of an individual; Factors to consider in implementing CCTV systems; Sanctions for unlawful use...