The Economy: Money Disappears, Lies Reappear
- Is your resume recruiter friendly? Walker, Deborah // Machine Design;12/8/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 23, p81
The article gives advice on drafting a resume that would attract friendly recruiters in the U.S. Resumes play a key role in how employers treat employee-applicants. It is, thus, essential to craft a recruiter-friendly resume. The three crucial elements of resume are focus, core competencies or...
- Recruit and Hire Without Getting Sued. Myers, Deborah J. // Alaska Business Monthly;Sep2005, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p96
Provides tips on interviewing job applicants. Possible liability incurred by the hiring process; Need for careful advertising in venues accessible to the general population; Use of recruiting firm; Asking the right questions; Checking of resumes.
- Training contract application forms: what not to write. Waller-Davies, Becky // Lawyer 2B;7/22/2015, p1
The article offers suggestions on what not to write in training contract application forms as chances of getting to interview depend on it. Graduate recruiters shares some of the uninspired approach taken by most applicant, common grammar errors, and phrases they come across time after time...
- References Influence Interview Outcomes. // USA Today Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 132 Issue 2703, p12
Offers tips for job applicants on preparing employment references. Importance of managing references; Factors to consider when making references.
- Six Completely Bizarre Resumes. McCafferty, Dennis // CIO Insight;10/7/2013, p1
The article presents the result of a survey among applicants in the information technology (IT) departments conducted by CareerBuilder, which ascertained errors committed in creating resumes. The survey reveals that hirers will dismiss an applicant for a resume with typographical errors, if the...
- CVs: when the written word needs impact. Dickins, Neil // Electronics Weekly;10/13/2004, Issue 2166, p26
The article discusses the art of curricula vitae (CV) writing. The author states that CVs are as individual as the people who write them, so it would be foolish to prescribe an unwavering format for the "perfect" CV. However, a number of ideas lend structure to the difficult process of writing...
- TWO SIDES TO EVERY JOB-SEEKER'S STORY. Taylor, Gary // People Management;10/12/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p46
The article emphasizes the importance of examining a negative reference against job applicants. A reference check is one way to verify the factual accuracy of a curriculum vitae and the impressions of the interviewers. There is a possibility that a negative reference was influenced by a...
- IMPORTANCE OF CONTRAST EFFECTS IN EMPLOYMENT INTERVIEWS. Wexley, Kenneth N.; Yukl, Gary A.; Kovacs, Steven Z.; Sanders, Raymond E. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Feb72, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p45
The importance of contrast effects in employment interviews is the subject of some disagreement. To resolve this question, 80 students watched videotaped interviews of job applicants and rated these applicants in terms of their job qualifications. The first two videotapes were used to establish...
- GETTING A JOB: KNOW YOURSELF AND KNOW YOUR OPTIONS. Murphy, Mike // TD&T: Theatre Design & Technology;Spring2005, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p57
Offers advice on applying for a job in a theater. Considerations in including personal information in a rÃ©sumÃ©; Importance of information on job and academic experiences in the rÃ©sumÃ©; Background on qualities considered by employers in hiring undergraduates.