CONTRACT, COVENANT, AND THE BEGINNING OF "THE AMERICAN CENTURY"
- What a godless Constitution looks like. Calvey, Chris // Freethought Today;Oct2013, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p11
In this article, the author offers information on Christian Nationalist debate in the U.S. that ends with bad arguments of historical revisionism. He states that Christian nationalists point toward the phrases "In God We Trust" and "under God" as evidence of the nation's religious heritage. He...
- Is America a Christian Nation? Hatfield Sr., Danny G. // Ellis County Press;4/28/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p4
The article offers the author's insights regarding the U.S. as a Christian nation.
- The decline of a great nation. ROBISON, JAMES // Ellis County Press;12/13/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p4
A continuation of an article published in previous issue about the weakening of the Christian faith in the U.S. is presented.
- â€œDitch Holiday Programmingâ€. Lewis-Jessup, Cynthia; Grace Hua, Amanda; Jones, Kendra // School Library Journal;Jan2015, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p8
The author presents her views on Christianity and Christians in the U.S.
- Can't buy me ministry. Long, Jim // Christianity Today;5/20/96, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the Christian movement in the United States. Changes in the characteristics of the movement since its inception in the 1960s; Changes in the Christian music industry; Blurring of the division between ministry and business.
- News briefs. // Christianity Today;5/20/96, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p75
Reports on developments concerning Christians in the United States as of May 20, 1996. Includes the closing of the office of Moorings, a Christian division of Ballantine Publishing, in Nashville, Tennessee; Selection of Robert A. Schuller as head of the Crystal Cathedral Ministries; Suicide of...
- Why I don't go to a megachurch. Yancey, Philip // Christianity Today;5/20/96, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p80
Presents the author's views on the increasing popularity of large churches in the United States. Author's preference for small places of prayer; Advantages of small over large communities; Diversity within the Christian church; Description of the author's family; Societies' tendency to devise...
- The 'Secularization' Question and the United States in the Twentieth Century. Hollinger, David A. // Church History;Mar2001, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p132
Focuses on the secularization question and the United States (U.S.) in the twentieth century. Christianity in the U.S.; Implications of the impeachment case of former U.S. President Bill Clinton and the intimidation of the medical profession by Christian terrorists; History of Christianity in...
- Lupe, Joey, Bobby's mom--all in Corpus Christi. O'Leary, Jim // National Catholic Reporter;4/22/94, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p14
Narrates the story of five people as examples of Christian ideology in everyday life. Lupe; Joey; Tom; Charlie; Bobby.