THE EXTREME OF EXCELLENCE
- Check your scale. // Christian Science Monitor;2/10/97, Vol. 89 Issue 52, p17
Comments on achieving excellence from a religious point of view. How human activity is tracked; How success is measured according to God; Reference to the Bible scripture Mark 15:31; Relation of Jesus and God; How God can be understood spiritually.
- Data on denial. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;09/10/97, Vol. 114 Issue 25, p815
Focuses on religious denial. Family value issues; Divorce and abortion concerns in the United States.
- Perfection. Norris, Kathleen // Christian Century;02/18/98, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p180
Focuses on the concept of perfection. Psychological effect of the word; How to be perfect according to Jesus Christ; Meaning of perfection in a Christian sense.
- Supernatural living. LAUGHLIN, TIM // Ellis County Press;1/8/2015, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p4
The article discusses a Biblical verse taken from Philippians 3:8 concerning the things that loss for the excellence of knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- VERSE. // Malakoff News (TX);11/30/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 48, p1A
The article presents a biblical passage taken from the book of Micah, chapter six, verse eight on the act towards God.
- When Christian virtue means being `nice' it's small wonder the enemy defeats us. Byfield, Ted; Byfield, Virginia // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;11/10/97, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p39
Comments on the meaning of niceness as a virtue of modern Christians. The current usage meaning agreeable, acceptable, pleasant; Contends that being nice precludes us from being judgemental; Church leaders governed by niceness; The Latin origin of the word nice; The political move by the...
- Chapter IV: Strongman with a strong hold. Laughlin, Tim // Ellis County Press;8/11/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p4
The article offers information on the importance of having strong faith to stay away from temptations.
- Principalities, powers, and preaching. Campbell, Charles L. // Interpretation: A Journal of Bible & Theology;Oct97, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p384
Focuses on the theological ethics of William Stringfellow. Description of Stringfellow's interest in Martin Luther King's preaching; Indepth look at Stringfellow's development of his theology of the principles and powers; Details on the stance of resistance adopted by Christians.
- The forgiveness factor. Thomas, Gary // Christianity Today;01/10/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p38
Discusses the importance of forgiveness. Studies on forgiveness that John Templeton Foundation is undertaking; Personal benefits of forgiveness; View of Robert Enright, professor of educational psychology and president of the International Forgiveness Institute. INSETS: what forgiveness is...