Low-income, African American Adolescent Mothers and Their Toddlers Exhibit Similar Dietary Variety Patterns
- PROBLEMATIC EATING BEHAVIOUR IN TURKISH CHILDREN AGED 12-72 MONTHS: CHARACTERISTICS OF MOTHERS AND CHILDREN. Örün, Emel; Erdil, Zeynep; Çetinkaya, Semra; Tufan, Naile; Yalçın, S. Songül // Central European Journal of Public Health;Dec2012, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p257
Objective: The aim of this study was to determine prevalence of problematic eating behaviour (PEB), associated risk factors, feeding practices including place of meal, variety of diet, and habits of consuming junk food, the mothers' perception of the child growth status in comparison to his/her...
- Temple University Study Will Determine If Mothers' Dieting Behavior Impacts Their Children. // Women in Academia Report;7/30/2013, p2
The article reports on the study conducted by the researchers at Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which aims to determine the impact of the dieting behavior of mothers on the dieting behavior of the children.
- Teen moms who beat the odds. De Witt, Karen // Essence (Essence);Aug94, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p53
Features the success stories of several Afro-American teen mothers. Odds against teenage mothers; Teenage pregnancies; Breakup of relationships; Striving for goals and succeeding; Role of family.
- Eat your greens! Rothnie-Jones, Delia // Australia's Parents;Aug/Sep99, Issue 112, p72
Deals with the eating habits of children. Food, communication and power; Medical and emotional issues in food; Recommendations for mothers on how to handle fussy eaters; Eating patterns of children.
- mommy strategies. Woodhouse, Jennifer // Redbook;Feb2003, Vol. 200 Issue 2, p157
Presents solutions to problems encountered by mothers. Information on how to help a heartbroken child; Ways of putting vegetables into kids' diet; Steps in making a craft for valentine.
- Validation of the dutch eating behavior questionnaire for children (DEBQ-C) for use with spanish children. Baños, R. M.; Cebolla, A.; Etchemendy, E.; Felipe, S.; Rasal, P.; Botella, C. // Nutricion Hospitalaria;jul/ago2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p890
Introduction: The Dutch Eating Behaviour Questionnaire for children was developed by Van Strien and Oosterveld (2008) to measure three different eating behaviors (emotional eating, restrained eating and external eating); it is an adaptation of the DEBQ for adults. Objective: The purpose of this...
- Physical activity and dietary behaviour in a population-based sample of British 10-year old children: the SPEEDY study (Sport, Physical activity and Eating behaviour: environmental Determinants in You. van Sluijs, Esther M. F.; Skidmore, Paula M. L.; Mwanza, Kim; Jones, Andrew P.; Callaghan, Alison M.; Ekelund, Ulf; Harrison, Flo; Harvey, Ian; Panter, Jenna; Wareham, Nicolas J.; Cassidy, Aedin; Griffin, Simon J. // BMC Public Health;2008, Vol. 8, p388
Background: The SPEEDY study was set up to quantify levels of physical activity (PA) and dietary habits and the association with potential correlates in 9-10 year old British school children. We present here the analyses of the PA, dietary and anthropometry data. Methods: In a cross-sectional...
- Eating habits and influential factors for mothers and children in Romania. Zugravu, Corina-Aurelia // International Journal of Collaborative Research on Internal Medi;Apr2012, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p362
Background: In an era of obesity, healthy food habits are essential. Changing already established habits is difficult, so it is very important to seed from the earliest years of life the seeds of an appropriate nutritional behavior. The role of parents is essential, since they are main role...
- Wit & Wisdom. Konttinen, Janet // Baby Talk;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p33
Answers question about child nutrition and care. Introduction of solid food; Information on a mother's group.