NPD Group Publishes Report On Consumers' Book Buying Trends
- Just for mom. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Feb95, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p80
Presents gift books for mothers. Quotations about mothers' love; Images and information on women's achievements; Description of how faith makes difficult situations bearable.
- Reader friendly. Garner, Dwight // Harper's Bazaar;Dec94, Issue 3397, p86
Recommends several gift books in different shapes, sizes and formats. Literary fiction and nonfiction; Audio books; Books in CD-ROM; Art and photography books; Miscellaneous find.
- Eat, think, and be merry. Scwarzbaum, Lisa // Entertainment Weekly;11/22/96, Issue 354, p93
Suggests books that would make good gifts for the 1996 holiday season. Photography books, such as Nick Waplington's `The Wedding'; Art books, such as `Georges de la Tour and His World'; Literature, such as Truman Capote's `One Christmas'; Gracious living books, such as `The Table,' by Diane von...
- Wrap it up early. Shapiro, Cecile // House Beautiful;Nov93, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p60
Suggests buying books for Christmas gift giving. Some titles appropriate for the season; Printers; Stores where available; Prices; `Family Houses by the Sea,' by Alexandra D'Arnoux and Jerome Darblay; `Tiles: 1,000 Years of Architectural Decoration,' by Hans van Lemmen; `Mission: The Story of...
- Present-ables. // Publishers Weekly;8/7/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 32, p360
Cites hardcover gift books to be released in fall 1995. `Crossing the Threshold,' by Pope John Paul II; `We the Living,' by Ayn Rand; `Howl and Other Poems,' by Allen Ginsberg; `The Sabbath,' by Abraham Joshua Heschel; `A Childhood: The Biography of a Place,' by Harry Crew.
- Giftbooks. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jan1997, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p122
Features several giftbooks. Includes My Baby Album pop-up record book; `Treasured Friends: Celebrating the Joys of Friendship'; Books on flowers and fruits from Collins Publishers; `A Rustling of Wings,' from Blue Sky Marketing Inc.
- A '96 holiday sampler. Garrett, Shawn-marie // American Theatre;Dec96, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p20
Presents an informal guide to theatrical gift-giving. Key to book-buying; Excellent places to start looking for the hot play in 1997; List of recommended books that can be utilized as gifts for the 1996 holiday season.
- `Tis the season for anniversaries. Sanborn, Margaret; Andriani, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;9/11/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 37, p44
Lists gift books for the holidays. Includes `Robert Doisneau: A Photographer's Life'; `The History of Decorative Arts: Classicism and Baroque in Europe'; `Tuscany.'
- Another (Too) Brief Look at Books as Gifts. // Book Publishing Report;May2012, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the decline of books given as gifts in the U.S.