Small Mouse Makes Big Difference In Children's Publisher's Revenues
- `Maisy' to join Nickelodeon roster. // Playthings;May98, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p44
Reports that mouse star of Lucy Cousins' children's book series, Maisy will make her debut on television in 1999. Agreement between publisher Walker Books and PolyGram Visual Programming; Companies from which the Maisy television show has received launched commitments.
- Take Maisy home on video. // Australia's Parents;Aug/Sep99, Issue 112, p18
Reviews the videotape series featuring the mouse character Maisy.
- Johnston Leaving Candlewick Press. // Publishers Weekly;2/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p19
Reports on the resignation of Tammy Johnston as vice-president for sales and marketing and associate publisher at Candlewick Press effective on February 28, 2003. Total sales of the company in 2002.
- Maisy takes the stage. // Publishers Weekly;5/4/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 18, p28
Reports that the character, Maisy the mouse, from the children's books created by Lucy Cousins will appear in an animated series for television. Agreement between Polygram Visual Programming and Walker Books.
- Candlewick's 2005 Revenue Climbs 40%; "Ology" Series Leads. // Book Publishing Report;4/17/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p1
The article reports that the revenue of Candlewick Press, a children's book publisher, has increased during 2005. Most of the sales came from the company's "Ology" series. Karen Lotz, the company's president, has stated that the printing press has posted a revenue of up to 40 percent from 2004....
- We All Read About a Yellow Submarine. Raugust, Karen // Publishers Weekly;7/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 30, p20
Reports on the launch of "Yellow Submarine," a picture book based on the 1968 Beatles film, by Candlewick Press and its sister company, Walker Books in Great Britain in August 2004. Comment from Andrew Smith, vice president of sales at Candlewick, on the launch of the picture book; Number of...
- WYNNE-JONES'S NEW HOME. Gessell, Paul // Quill & Quire;Jun2009, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p22
The article focuses on how author Tim Wynne-Jones's association with Vermont College in Montpelier, Vermont helped him find a new publisher for his novel "The Uninvited." Wynne-Jones's teaching experience at the college made the Boston-based company Candlewick Press signed a contract with him...
- Maisy Goes Camping. (Book). Adams, Lauren // Horn Book Magazine;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p434
The article reviews the book "Maisy Goes Camping," by Lucy Cousins.
- Doodle with Maisy. // Publishers Weekly;4/1/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 13, p64
The article reviews the children's activity book "Doodle With Maisy" by Lucy Cousins.