CDS Fine Despite Appearances, Says Parent Company's President
- Distributor BookWorld clones itself to go after Christian book market. // Book Publishing Report;11/01/99, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p5
Reports on BookWorld Services' creation of a company called Christian Distribution Services that serves the Christian market. Company's claim to be the first to offer full-service distribution including warehousing, shipping and sales for the Christian market.
- Christian book distributor has outgrown its office confines. // Book Publishing Report;02/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p4
Focuses on the growth of Christian Distribution Services, a division of book publisher Bookworld. Number of publishing clients signed up by the company; Relocation of the company's facilities.
- Former Christian Distribution Services Chief Now Heads Rival. // Book Publishing Report;11/20/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p3
Reports on the job of former Christian Distribution Services (CDS) chairman Larry Carpenter as general manager of competing startup, FaithWorks, the National Book Network's equivalent of CDS. Comment of former boss Ron Smith; Representation of religious book publishers in the United States.
- BookWorld's Christian Distributor Picks Up 25th Client, Drops Its Own President. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the dismissal of Bill Jayne as president of Christian Distribution Services. Company's plan to hire two lower-level employees; Growth of the company; Salary savings from Jayne's dismissal; Jayne's reaction to his dismissal.
- Carpenter Leaving Christian Distribution Services. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/16/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 42, p12
Reports that Larry Carpenter is resigning as chairman of Christian Distribution Services (CDS) as of October 2000. Purpose of the establishment of CDS; Reason for his resignation.
- Publishing Vets Launch Christian Distributor. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;10/25/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 43, p11
Launches the Christian Distribution Services, distributor of Christian books, music and gifts. Comments from Larry Carpenter, company's founder member; Types of the company's services; Role of Bill Jayne, former president of Rutledge Hill in the company.
- Book Lovers' Walks. Drayton, Judy // Orana;Nov96, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p274
Announces the start of the Melbourne Book Lovers' Walks in November 1996.
- The publishing industry and the single European market. Ruiperez, German Sanchez // Book Research Quarterly;Fall90, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p27
Analyzes the European book publishing market and the impact of European unity on the industry. Occurrence of European integration without developing common cultural base that preserves diversity; Promotion by European Community of coordination with regard to author/publisher relations, book...
- Publishing and printing in Italy and the single internal market. Merlini, Gianni // Book Research Quarterly;Fall90, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on the book publishing industry in Italy. Forecast of the increase in presence of English-language publishing in Europe especially in science and technology. Persistence in linguistic differences among European cultures; Expansion of Italian publishing and its integration into the...