Industry Faces Dueling New York-Based Digital Publishing Events
- Watching the Penguins at ePubLondon. Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;4/9/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 15, p9
Describes the ePubLondon Conference held in London, England. Forecast of media consultant Tony Feldman on electronic publishing; Concerns of electronic publishers on rights and security issues; Importance of multimedia in scientific, technical and medical publishing.
- E-Books Capture Seybold As Emphasis Shifts to Software. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;9/13/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 37, p11
Focuses on the theme and topics of the 1999 Seybold San Francisco 21st Century Publishing Seminar held in California. Keynote speakers of the seminar; Computer software companies that have launched products for online publishing.
- Seybold Seminars return to Boston. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;4/19/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 16, p17
Highlights the 1999 Seybold Seminar, the technical meeting for those who use computers in publishing. Return of the event to the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts, after two years in New York City; Adobe Systems' introduction of its InDesign page-layout program and Acrobat 4...
- O'Reilly TOC 2009: Books, Reading, and Publishing. Hawkins, Donald T. // Information Today;Apr2009, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p29
The article discusses the highlights of the third Tools of Change (TOC) for Publishing conference of O'Reilly Media that was held in New York in February 2009. The event, attended by about 1,000 people, emphasized new directions in publishing, particularly book publishing. A new definition of...
- Seybold San Francisco/Publishing 98. Jacso, Peter // Information Today;Nov98, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p40
Reports on the Seybold San Francisco/Publishing 98 Conference and Exposition, held on September 1-2, 1998 in San Francisco, California. Focus on items of interest to Internet publishing; Web site tools for content creation and workflow management; Document management systems; Portable Document...
- International Publishers Confront an E-Future. Lichtenberg, James // Publishers Weekly;1/1/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on the highlights the 16th annual fall seminar of the International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical Publishers, which focused on electronic publishing, or e-publishing. Implication of the technology to the industry; Issues discussed during the event; Proposed ground...
- Launch of ExpressExec a Highlight at London Online. Lichtenber, James // Publishers Weekly;12/17/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 51, p12
Reports on the success of the 25th London Online conference for publishing and database companies worldwide in London, England in December 2001. Attendance during the conference; Background on the launching of the ExpressExec service of Capstone Publishing; Delivery services offered by ExpressExec.
- Seybold Seminars Boston: Publishing 2000. Peek, Robin // Information Today;Mar2000, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the Seybold Seminars Boston, a group of conferences and workshops devoted to electronic and print publishing, held at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts. Details on the event, and the common ground found between old and new media; How the seminars are run by...
- The Perfect Storm: Seybold San Francisco 2001 Conference Report. Christiani, Linnea // Searcher;Jan2002, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on the discussions at the Seybold San Francisco 2001 conference, an event attended by the publishing, design and media technology communities in the United States. How well online publishers and their technologies performed in covering the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Issues...