CMA lauds "critical" role played by IMGs
- CMA transformation initiative scrutinized. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/13/2009, Vol. 181 Issue 8, pE145
The article offers information on the transformational change of Canadian Medical Association (CMA) in the health care system. It states that the Saskatchewan delegate Dr. Peter Barrett,argued that doctors must lead change as politicians appear unable or unwilling to do the needful. According to...
- Inaugural address. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/9/2008, Vol. 179 Issue 6, p521
The article focuses on the inaugural address of radiologist Dr. Robert Ouellet as the new president of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) delivered at the 141st General Council and annual general meeting of CMA in MontrÃ©al, Quebec. Ouellet recommends solutions to address the ailing health...
- THE FUTURE OF MEDICINE. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/19/2000, Vol. 163 Issue 6, p757
Presents a policy statement of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) concerning the future of medical practice in Canada as of September, 2000. Reasons for the development of the policy, including the expectation of a rapid pace of change in the practice of medicine; Prediction of additional...
- The burden of on-call coverage. Martin, Shelley // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/30/2001, Vol. 165 Issue 9, p1246
Presents data from the Canadian Medical Association's 2001 Physician Resource Questionnaire. Percentage of general, specialist, and surgical practitioners who take or share on-call coverage; Tendency of rural physicians to see more patients.
- Reflections on council. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/27/2009, Vol. 181 Issue 9, pE205
The article presents the author's views on the concept of ways to nurture the ideas and the principles of a physician. The author cites the discussion during the 2009 General Council of the Canadian Medical Association on certain programs and resolutions like extra billing. The author also...
- Voting ourselves rights: a critique of the Canadian Medical Association Charter for Physicians. Kenny, Nuala; Weijer, Charles; Baylis, Francoise // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/24/99, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p399
Editorial. Comments on the Canadian Medical Association Charter for Physicians. Demands that have caused demoralization in the profession; Author's view on the failings of the charter; Assertion that physicians must earn respect and special status.
- Why physicians need a charter. MacCarthy, Dan // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/24/99, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p400
Editorial. Comments on the professional relationship between Canadian physicians and their patients. Waiting lists attesting to the gap between needed care and available resources; Need for and purpose of the Canadian Medical Association's Charter for Physicians; Reference to a critique of the...
- Former CMA president to become delegate to WMA. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/21/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 13, pE671
The article reports that Dr. Robert Ouellet, former president of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), will replace Dr. Ruth Collins-Nakai as the official delegate of CMA to the World Medical Association (WMA).
- What influences family doctors to practise in the Territories? // Canadian Family Physician;May2007, Vol. 53, p960
The article offers information on the National Physician Survey (NPS) relative to the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) Masterfile. It mentions that 11,041 family physicians (FPs) in Canada and 45 from the Territories participated in the 2004 survey, which shows that 0.3% of the entire FPs in...