- Air Canada Will Install True Business Class on Rouge A319s. Sumers, Brian // Aviation Daily;5/28/2015, Vol. 401 Issue 41, p1
The article discusses Air Canada's plan to mend the premium section on 20 leisure-focused Rouge Brand flights, Airbus A319 to compete with the announcement of the airlines West Jet to improve their narrowbody aircraft's premium cabin. Topics include Air Canda's plans to offer more premium...
- Zip tries to zap WestJet. Byfield, Mike // Report / Newsmagazine (National Edition);8/12/2002, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p39
Focuses on competition between the airlines WestJet and Air Canada. Leadership of WestJet by chief executive officer Clive Beddoe; Profitability of the discount airline Southwest Airlines; Lack of business-class travelers for airlines; Discounts being offered by Air Canada.
- WesJet presses eastwards . // Airline Business;Apr2003, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the threat faced by Air Canada as WestJet continued its expansion in Canada. Expected growth of WestJet; Response of Air Canada CEO Robert Milton to the issue.
- The Myth of the Corporate Spy. Finder, Joseph // Forbes Asia;6/19/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p18
The author discusses his views on corporate espionage. He believes that spies and those who fight them always exaggerate their own importance. Companies that have been involved in issues related to corporate espionage include Air Canada and WestJet Airlines. He asserts that the benefits of...
- WestJet takes on Air Canada. // Airline Business;Jun2007, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the domestic flights launched by WestJet in Canada. The move is aimed at lifting its domestic market share from 35% to 37% this year and reaching 45% by 2010. With CanJet, Harmony Airlines, and Jetsgo gone from scheduled service, Air Canada and WestJet are now in a...
- Could WestJet plan bleed Air Canada dry? YEO, GHIM-LAY // Airline Business;Feb2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the threat posed by Canadian low-cost airline WestJet's plans to launch a short-haul regional carrier with turboprops in 2013 to legacy carrier Air Canada in smaller markets.
- Fight taken to Encore. // Travel Daily;2/ 4/2013, p9
The article offers information on the significant boost to capacity announced by Air Canada in Western Canada in the first half of 2013 as its rival carrier WestJet Airlines Ltd.'s new short-haul subsidiary Encore takes to the skies for the first time.
- Canada's market wars continue. // Airline Business;Jun2004, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the dispute between Air Canada and WestJet over the gate at Toronto's Pearson airport. Gates controlled by Air Canada; Remarks of WestJet chief executive Clive Beddoe on the relegation of airline to the Terminal 3; Corporate espionage claim filed by Air Canada against WestJet.
- Capacity doubts fade away. // Airline Business;Nov2016, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p10
The article reports that Air Canada and WestJet have defended their rapid expansion, insisting new global routes will pay off despite Canada's slow growth.