- DDMAC demands corrective messaging from three. M. A. // Medical Marketing & Media;Apr2010, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the warning letters submitted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to three pharmaceutical companies including ISTA Pharmaceuticals, Sirion Therapeutics Inc. and Actavis in the U.S. It states that the letters are questioning the effectiveness of several drugs...
- Actavis granted approval for irinotecan hydrochloride injection. // PharmaWatch: Cancer;Apr2008, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p12
The article reports that Actavis Group, a generic pharmaceutical company, has received the approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its irinotecan hydrochloride injection for the treatment of patients with colorectal cancer. Irinotecan is a generic equivalent to Pfizer's...
- Depression Update. // PharmaWatch: CNS;Sep2010, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p10
The article offers news briefs on depression in the U.S. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has allowed Actavis Inc., a subsidiary of generic pharmaceutical company Actavis Group hf, to market Bupropion HCI extended-release (SR) tablets 100 milligram (mg) and 200 mg for the treatment of...
- Barr wins Pliva bid as Actavis withdraws. Mirasol, Feliza // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/25/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 11, p31
The article discusses Barr Pharmaceuticals' win over Iceland-based Actavis in a bid for a Croatian generic drug company, Pliva. The combination of businesses of Barr Pharmaceuticals and Pliva would result in the third-largest generics maker in the world. The launch of new products have been...
- Host of New Generics Ready for Market. // Chain Drug Review;5/24/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p54
The article reports on the move of Actavis Inc. to ship tamsulosin capsules to its customers in the U.S.
- Actavis launches bicalutamide in UK, Germany and France. // PharmaWatch: Cancer;Aug2008, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p13
The article evaluates the Bicalutamide, a prostate cancer drug, from Actavis.
- Actavis announces recall of fentanyl patches. // Medical Device Daily;10/25/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 207, p9
This article reports that Actavis announced a voluntary recall of 18 lots of fentanyl patches that were manufactured by Corium International.
- Nocturnal leg cramp OTCs banned by FDA. // Drug Topics;9/5/94, Vol. 138 Issue 17, p8
Reports that the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has banned the sale of over-the-counter products for the treatment and/or prevention of nocturnal leg muscle cramps, effective February 22, 1995.
- The other drug war. Postrel, Virginia I. // Reason;Nov96, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p4
Editorial. Comments on the US Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) drug approval policy. Speed of the FDA's drug review and approval procedures; Impact on Americans' ability to benefit from drugs' benefits.