HURDLES (NOT FINANCIAL ONES) AWAIT ELECTRIC GRID UPDATE
- Smart Grid Deployment: Transformative Change for the Electric Power Industry. Feo, Edwin; Scott, Henry // Utility Automation & Engineering T&D;Jul2009, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p56
In this article the author discusses the smart grid's adoption of more advanced processes and technologies, such as metering infrastructure. It notes that in order to monitor consumption more detailed than conventional meters, smart grid may adopt an advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), a...
- UNDERGROUND CABLES. // Transmission & Distribution Markets;2009, Issue 8, p448
The article discusses the use of underground cables in the transmission of electric power worldwide. In Europe, majority of the onshore electricity network is High Voltage Alternating Current (HVAC) overhead line and the remaining portion consists of underground cable. Underground cabling is...
- Innovative Energized Work Enables Critical Maintenance. Lockhart, Guillermo; Curbelo, Carlos; Neira, Luis // Transmission & Distribution World;Aug2005, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on the efforts of public utilities Argentina's Comision Tecnica Mixta de Salto Grande and Uruguay's UTE to jointly develop an innovative live-line procedure for 500-kiloVolts line-switch replacement. Basic characteristics of the design of bypass device; Factors to be considered when...
- High-Voltage Transmission Lines: Proximity, Visibility, and Encumbrance Effects. Chalmers, James A.; Voorvaart, Frank A. // Appraisal Journal;Summer2009, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p227
In this study, over 1,200 home sales in 1998-2007 are aggregated into four study areas with a 345-kV transmission line. Field data are collected on the sale properties relative to proximity to and visibility of transmission line towers, and the extent of encumbrance by a transmission line...
- 11. UNINSULATED LINES. // Electrical Markets of China;2003, p26
Presents charts and tables about the uninsulated lines market in China in 2000. Composition of the uninsulated lines market; Imports and exports of uninsulated lines by country; Forecast of uninsulated lines market from 2000 to 2010.
- European International Transmission Grids. // Energy EU 25: EU Electricity & Gas Markets;2006, Vol. 2, p18
The article focuses on the increasing creation of cross-border energy transmission lines in Europe. The increase in the volume of power exchange between European countries started with the introduction of Swiss hydropower in 1920. The trend continued after the Second World War with systems...
- 2. International Transmission Grids. // T&D Report 2004 - World Markets for Transmission & Distribution ;2004, Issue 4, p1
Offers a look at international transmission grids as of January 2004. Information on transmission system operators in Europe; Geographical illustration of the electrical power system of the Russian Federation; Overview of future interconnections in the African continent.
- 3. Western Europe. // T&D Report 2004 - World Markets for Transmission & Distribution ;2004, Issue 4, p17
Focuses on the electrical power transmission and distribution network structures in Western Europe as of January 2004. Voltage levels of electricity networks in the region; Geographical illustration of Italy's transmission network; Overview of power exchanges between NORDEL countries.
- 7. Middle East. // T&D Report 2004 - World Markets for Transmission & Distribution ;2004, Issue 4, p121
Offers a look at the electric power transmission and distribution network structures in the Middle East as of January 2004. Geographical information on the Israeli electricity generation system; Details of existing and planned interconnections in the United Arab Emirates; Overview of the...
- 19. Transmission & Distribution System Forecasts. // T&D Report 2004 - World Markets for Transmission & Distribution ;2004, Issue 4, p251
Forecasts the global electric power transmission and distribution systems for 2010. Length of transmission and distribution lines; System capacity; Power and distribution transformers.