RELATIVE CHILD POVERTY, INCOME INEQUALITY, WEALTH, AND HEALTH
- Why the "income distribution" is so misleading. Lilla, Mark // Public Interest;Fall1984, Issue 77, p62
This article explores the issues concerning income distribution in the U.S. Frequently, the income distribution is taken to reflect something about the extent of relative poverty. It is also taken to be our best indicator of the degree of economic inequality, which may be measured in a rough...
- Analysis of Income Inequality Based on Income Mobility for Poverty Alleviation in Rural China. Tingting Li; Hualou Long; Shuangshuang Tu; Yanfei Wang // Sustainability (2071-1050);2015, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p16362
Since the reform and opening up, the Chinese economy has achieved sustained high-speed growth. However, the widening gaps in income, especially for rural China, seem to be a dark lining to these extraordinary achievements. Taking the duration of poverty into the consideration, this article...
- YÃœKSELEN PÄ°YASALARDA GELÄ°R DAÄžILIMI EÅžÄ°TSÄ°ZLÄ°ÄžÄ° VE YOKSULLUK. Küçükaksoy, İsmail // e-Journal of New World Sciences Academy (NWSA);2009, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p358
Inequality in income distribution and poverty in Emerging Markets. The purpose of this study, is to reveal the level of poverty in Emerging Markets. Method as a comparative table alanysis was used. The results are indicate poverty in the Emerging Markets. In the current situation, Emerging...
- Economic Growth, Poverty and Income Inequality. Bourne, Compton // Journal of Eastern Caribbean Studies;Dec2009, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p21
The article discusses economic growth, poverty and income inequality from a Caribbean perspective. It notes that economies in the region posted respectable economic growth from 1985 to 2004 yet poverty is said to remain as a major problem in the region. Several effects of poverty on economic...
- 4.1 POVERTY ASSESSMENT. // Montenegro Household Survey;Sep2002, Issue 5, p11
Discusses poverty and inequality in consumption in Montenegro. Measurement of poverty; Comparison of consumption inequality and poverty in Montenegro and other countries; Use of the Gini coefficient to measure inequality.
- Inequality and economic growth: theoretical and operational approach. ANDREI, Ana; CRĂCIUN, Liliana // Theoretical & Applied Economics;2015, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p177
The relationship between inequality and the process of economic development is still controversial. In this paper, besides a short overview of the economic literature, we present selected models used to verify the relationship between growth and inequality. We also make a brief analysis of...
- Do the Intradeciles Inequalities Matter? A Note. Fishelson, Gideon // Empirical Economics;1994, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p171
Using an algorithm suggested by Berrebi and Silber (1987) and assuming that the population within any decile is distributed uniformly between its bounds a and b, the paper shows that the intradecile inequality is generally not important and may be ignored. This finding is useful in empirical...
- Recent Trends in Income and Wealth Inequality. Harding, Ann // Ecodate;May2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p4
Assesses the income and wealth inequality in Australia. Employment of Gini coefficient in the analysis; Distribution of superannuation and home equity; Importance of wealth inequality in determining the economic position of Australians. INSET: Student Activities.
- Unequal distribution of economic freedom. Chafuen, Alejandro // Wilson County News;1/24/2014, p13A
The article reflects on several theories developed by intellectuals to provide a clear understanding of income inequality including Gini Coefficient which is used to measure the difference between rich and poor.