Developing a Mentor Program for Our Cardiovascular ICU
- Session 3: EDUCATION AND LEARNING: Evaluating the mentor in critical care. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p38
An abstract of the article "Evaluating the mentor in critical care," by Jochen Bergs and colleagues is presented.
- Introducing first-year student placements in critical care. Conneely, Allison // Nursing Standard;2/8/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p35
Pre-registration nurse education requires students to spend 50% of their programme in clinical practice. The intensive care unit (ICU) is an area that could accommodate students, provided that staff receive adequate support and preparation. This article discusses how staff in one ICU were...
- ABSTRACTS: POSTER PRESENTATIONS: Implantation of the Nurse Tutor for training and teaching staff in an ICU. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p77
An abstract of the article "Implantation of the Nurse Tutor for training and teaching staff in an ICU," by Raquel Sanchez Torres and colleagues is presented.
- EB76: Enhancing Competence and Culture in Providing End-of-Life Comfort Care in the Intensive Care Unit. Hartley, Jennifer // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, pe26
No abstract available.
- Inside the ICU: A Nursing Perspective. Bell, Linda // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p98
The article reviews the book "Inside the ICU: A Nursing Perspective," by Melody M. Stenrose.
- Coaching Others for a Higher Level of Performance. Thornby, Denise; Pettrey, Lisa // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2005 Supplement, Vol. 25, p28
Focuses on the role of coaching in improving the performance of critical care nurses. Importance of the influencing behavior of coaches on nurses; Relationship between coaches and novice nurses; Scenarios of coachable situations.
- Educating Professionals to Care for Older Adults: Multiple lenses and multiple approaches for multiple disciplines. Lane, Annette M.; Hirst, Sandra P. // Indian Journal of Gerontology;2014, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p445
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including online courses on gerontological nursing, gerontological nursing practice in acute care and mentoring of palliative care staff.
- Beacon Award Spotlights Excellent Units. // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2008 Supplement, Vol. 28, p40
This article discusses the commitment of the Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. According to the article, the award recognizes individual critical care units as well as progressive care units that meet high-quality standards. It gives...
- Death with dignity: devising a withdrawal of treatment process. Hunter, Joanna K.; Dean, Tamsin; Gowan, Jenny // British Journal of Nursing;2/9/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p138
In 2002, a study was undertaken at St Thomas' Hospital to ascertain whether nurses felt adequately prepared in caring for patients in the intensive care unit (ICU) during the withdrawal of treatment (WoT) process (Dean, 2002). The study concluded that nurses on the ICU were unclear of the...