Acute Renal Failure and Mechanical Ventilation: Reality or Myth?
- Acute kidney injury. Patschan, Daniel; Müller, Gerhard Anton // Journal of Injury & Violence Research;Jan2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p19
Acute kidney injury is a frequent and serious complication in hospitalized patients. Mortality rates have not substantially been decreased during the last 20 years. In most patients AKI results from transient renal hypoperfusion or ischemia. The consequences include tubular cell ...
- Exercise-induced acute renal failure in a patient with renal hypouricemia. Watanabe, T.; Abe, Tokinari; Oda, Yoshihiko // Pediatric Nephrology;Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 8/9, p851
We describe a case of exercise-induced acute renal failure (ARF) in a patient with hypouricemia. Following recovery from ARF, the patientâ€™s serum urate concentration was 0.6â€“0.9 mg/dl, and the ratio of urate clearance to creatinine clearance (C[sub ua] /C[sub Cr] ) was...
- MMF May Help Treat Renal Failure in Setting of Reduced Renal Mass. // Kidney;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p184
Discusses an abstract of the article, entitled `Mycophenolate mofetil prevents the progressive renal failure induced by 5/6 renal ablation in rats' by F. Romero, B. Rodriguez-Iturbe, G. Parra and others, published in the 1999 issue of the `Kidney Institute'.
- Prophylaxis for Elevated Scr May Improve Outsome Post-CABG. // Kidney;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p191
Discusses an abstract of the article, entitled `Renal failure predisposes patients to adverse outcome after coronary artery bypass surgery,' by R.J. Anderson, M. O'Brien, S. Whinney and others, published in the 1999 journal `Kidney'.
- Type of Dialyzer Membrane Has No Detrimental Effect on Course of ARF. // Kidney;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p192
Discusses an abstract of the article, entitled `Effect of dialyser biocompatibility on recovery from acute renal failure after cadaver renal transplantation,' by J.E. Romao, Jr., H. Abensur, M.C.M. de Castro and others, published in the 1999 journal `Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation'.
- Renal Benefits Attained with Plasma Exchange in MM Patients. // Kidney;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p197
Discusses an abstract of the article, entitled `Plasma exchange in rapidly progressive renal failure due to multiple myeloma,' by L. Moist, G. Nesrallah, C. Kortas and others, published in the 1999 `American Journal of Nephrology'.
- Immediate and Long-Term Prognosis in Acute Renal Failure. Hall, Jack W.; Johnson, William J.; Maher, Frank T.; Hunt, James C. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct70, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p515
Focuses on a study that investigated the rate and extent of return of renal function and its maintenance after initial input improvement and factors influencing renal recovery in patients with acute renal failure. Methods; Results; Discussion.
- From acute renal failure to the diagnosis of McArdle's disease. Fikri-Benbrahim, Oussamah; Cazalla-Cadenas, Fátima; Vadillo-Bemejo, Alfonso // Nefrologia;2013, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p605
A letter to the editor in response to the article "From acute renal failure to the diagnosis of McArdle's disease," that was published in a previous issue is presented.
- Inflammatory Mechanisms of Organ Crosstalk during Ischemic Acute Kidney Injury. White, Laura E.; Hassoun, Heitham T. // International Journal of Nephrology;2012, p1
Acute kidney injury (AKI) is a common complication during inpatient hospitalization, and clinical outcomes remain poor despite advancements in renal replacement therapy. AKI in the setting of multiple organ failure (MOF) remains a formidable challenge to clinicians and incurs an unacceptably...