- Following baseball...in the abstract and far beyond. MacCambridge, Michael // Sporting News;07/07/97, Vol. 221 Issue 27, p15
Talks about the statistical revelation for baseball fans provided by Bill James' sabermetrics and Dan Okrent's Rotisserie game. James as the most influential baseball writer of the past generation; Okrent as the diamond's Doctor Frankenstein; Publication of the first edition of James' `The...
- SQUEEZE PLAY. Winkler, George // Sporting News;4/21/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 16, p55
The article presents suggestions given by the author, a fantasy baseball player, on how to keep track of multiple fantasy leagues. List the lineup deadlines, transaction deadlines and trading deadlines for each league. The author sets aside about 30 minutes on Thursdays and Fridays to study his...
- What is Fantasy Baseball? Tannock, Ray // World & I;Apr2010, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p6
The article presents information on fantasy baseball. It is an imaginary way for individuals to be a part of a baseball team and compete against friends or other random people. Due to expansion of the Internet, it has rapidly expanded into one of the biggest competitions. It also presents...
- Baseball Anecdotes (Book). Lilly, Patricia // School Library Journal;Sep89, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p288
Reviews the book "Baseball Anecdotes," by Daniel Okrent and Steve Wulf.
- Rotisserie baseball Web site shows Internet's versatility. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/18/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p29A
Focuses on the proliferation of fantasy baseball leagues on the Internet. Explanation of how fantasy baseball leagues work; Web site that give baseball fans the chance to manage their own fantasy baseball teams; Role of the Internet in the growth of communities.
- Spring training isn't just for players anymore. Roberts, Brendan // Sporting News;2/19/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 8, p32
The article asserts that participants in fantasy baseball leagues need to prepare for the upcoming season. Topics including making rankings lists, watching spring games, and player injuries. The capabilities of specific real-life players including Jonathan Papelbon, Delmon Young and others are...
- FANTASY DISH. Kuznia, Roger // Sporting News;2/19/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 8, p33
The author speculates on the performance of major-league baseball players during the upcoming 2007 season. Information is given in order to assist fantasy baseball enthusiasts. Players reviewed include Travis Hunter, David Ortiz, Alfonso Soriano, Juan Pierre, Gary Sheffield, and others. Includes...
- BASEBALL BRAIN TRUST. // Sporting News;2/19/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 8, p33
The article presents the opinions of three baseball experts, Chris Bahr, Rob Hurtt, and Roger Kuznia. The information given is intended to benefit participants of fantasy baseball play. The three choose their favorite players for various positions in the upcoming 2007 baseball season, and offer...
- Avoid bad reactions to offseason actions. Bahr, Chris // Sporting News;2/19/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 8, p34
The article recaps offseason activity in major league baseball. The information is provided to assist players of fantasy baseball during the upcoming 2007 season. Players including Carlos Lee, Eric Gagne, and J.D. Drew are discussed. INSET: Pain management.