Heroes of Philanthropy
- Heroes of Philanthropy. Cunningham, Susan J.; Flannery, Russell; Gatsiounis, Ioannis; Karmali, Naazneen; Minami, Kiyoe; Nam, Suzanne; Prey, Hillary; Salmon, Andrew; Schmidt, Lucinda; Stewart, Emily; Tan, Jessica // Forbes Asia;3/10/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p39
The article features philanthropists who are selected as heroes of philanthropy in Asia. Hong Kong's Li Ka-shing has pledged to leave one-third of his $32 billion fortune to charity. Anti Agarwal has committed $1 billion toward creating a new university in India. Yang Huiyan, Chinas richest...
- Li Ka Shing goes all fuzzy. Sanders, Sol W. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;8/30/2006, p14
The article reports on the plans of Chinese billionaire Li Ka Shing to donate one-third of his fortune to charity. Forbes ranks Li, who owns Hutchinson Whampoa and Cheung Kong Holdings, as the world's 10th richest man. Some 90 percent of the funds will reportedly be invested in Hong Kong and...
- A BILLIONAIRE'S GLOBAL STRATEGY. Kraar, Louis; Nickel, Karen // Fortune;7/13/1992, Vol. 126 Issue 1, p106
Reports that Li Ka-shing, the richest man in Hong Kong, is shopping for bargains in the West. Extent of his cash reserves; Plans to invest in real estate; Interest in cellular phones; Opportunities in show business; Perception that he is a shrewdtrader with a keen sense of timing. INSETS: LI...
- Aussie-dazzled. Heathcote, Andrew // BRW;11/07/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p41
Discusses the plans of businessman Li Ka-shing to invest in Australia. Portfolio of Ka-shing; Investments of Ka-shing in electric utilities and telecommunications.
- Shougang connections. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Apr95, p12
Reports that Hong Kong's richest man Li Ka-shing has connections to China's Shougang companies.
- China's trusted adviser is billionaire tycoon. Platt, Kevin // Christian Science Monitor;2/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 47, p1
Profiles Chinese billionaire Li Ka-shing, one of the richest men in the world and a force behind the recently rejuvenated China. How Hong Kong natives contribute daily to Li's wealth; Li's relationship with influential Chinese politicians, including supreme leader Deng Xiaoping and British...
- Li Ka-shing spells out his China investment strategy. Holberton, Simon // Chinatown News;5/1/95, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p12
Discusses businessman Li Ka-shing's investment plans for China. Achievement of substantial control of south China's seaborne trade; Chinese power projects; Contention over the rate of return from power projects; Experience of the problems foreign investors face in China; Performance of the two...
- Words and Wealth. Ferguson, Tim // Forbes Asia;1/8/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses an article published within the issue presenting an interview with businessman Li Ka-shing.
- Li Ka-shing. // Global Finance;Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p30
Profiles Li Ka-shing, one of Hong Kong's financial deal makers. Control over Cheung Kong Holdings and Hutchison Whampoa; Venture into infrastructure and property development in China.