- Weather-forecasting software now available in PC version. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;07/21/97, Vol. 201 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the availability of a weather-forecasting model used worldwide in a desktop personal computer version called `MM5.' Use of MM5 as a research tool by the Pennsylvania State University and the National Center for Atmospheric Research; MM5 as a community model; User support for the...
- Computerized Weatherman. Fox, Thomas R. // Boys' Quest;Jun/Jul99, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p9
Presents a computer program which allows weather forecasting. Instructions for those without Windows 95; Information on reading a barometer and finding the wind direction.
- An Example of a Network-Based Approach to Data Access, Visualization, Interactive Analysis and... Elson, Lee; Allen, Mark // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Mar2000, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p555
Focuses on WebWinds, a software package developed to provide atmospheric scientists, educators, students and the general public to quickly and easily visualize and analyze data on different computer platforms. Tabulation of WebWinds application suite; Features and capabilities of WebWinds.
- NextGen Helps Pilots Weather the Weather. // FAA Safety Briefing;Nov/Dec2013, p4
The article offers information on the Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) automated weather forecasting software from NextGen.
- PRODUCTS. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Oct2008, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p1486
The article evaluates the MyWeather Mobile application from MyWeather LLC.
- COLORADO TO DEPLOY WILDFIRE PREDICTION SYSTEM. // Emergency Management;Summer2015, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the plan of Colorado to spend $1.2 million on a fire prediction system over the next two years that uses atmospheric weather data to portend the behavior of wildfires up to 18 hours in advance in 2015.
- Forecast blast. Rudow, Lenny // Boating;Oct96, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p46
Features AccuWeathers' Forecaster software for weather forecasting. Provision of color radar maps, satellite images, jet-stream maps and hourly surface observations in the United States; Contact information.
- The bank and its customer. Barone, Robert P. // Vital Speeches of the Day;2/15/93, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p282
Presents a speech, `The Bank and Its Customer,' by the president and chief operating officer of Diebold Inc., delivered to the Retail Delivery Systems Conference Speech in San Antonio, Texas in December 8, 1992, forecasting tomorrow's virtual reality bank.
- How Can We Advance Our Weather and Climate Models as a Community? Dickinson, Robert E.; Zebiak, Stephen E.; Anderson, Jeffrey L; Blackmon, Maurice L.; De Luca, Cecelia; Hogan, Timothy F.; Iredell, Mark; Ji, Ming; Rood, Ricky B.; Suarez, Max J.; Taylor, Karl E. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Mar2002, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p431
A common modeling infrastructure ad hoc working group evolved from an NSF/NCEP workshop in 1998, in recognition of the need for the climate and weather modeling communities to develop a more organized approach to building the software that underlies modeling and data analyses. With its...