Watch Your Body Language
- Body Language Speaks. Beall, Anne E. // Communication World;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p18
In a weekly status meeting with an employee, the director of communication observed that the employee began to gesture as he talked about a report he was preparing. A manager at a large company did not attend to the body language of a new sales representative she was hiring, and her oversight...
- Book points out pitfalls awaiting the unwary business... // Business America;Dec97, Vol. 118 Issue 12, p4
Introduces the book `Gestures: The Do's and Taboos of Body Language Around the World,' by Roger E. Axtell. Contents of the book.
- Body language. // UNESCO Courier;Apr97, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p35
Presents several gestures that constitute a rich medium of expression that varies from culture to culture. Body language expressing friendly greeting, directional signals, no signals and mixed signals; Description of each body language; Locality from which the gesture are usually performed.
- WORKING FOR BODILY ACTION AND CONTROL. // Communication;Oct74 Special Edition, Vol. 3, p40
Focuses on the relationship between nonverbal behavior and storytelling. Importance of nonverbal behavior as a means of strengthening the telling of the story; Analysis of gestures; Body effectiveness; Tips to work for body effectiveness.
- How Are You Feeling? // Humpty Dumpty Magazine;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p24
The quiz presented herein asks children to choose pictures that express what they would feel in various circumstances.
- Ophelia's Last Word. // Spider;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p34
The article presents gestures from different countries including wishing good luck in Australia by making two fist and acting to pound it, waving a hand in Japan to say that one does not understand, and showing appreciation in Germany by clasping the hands together.
- WHY DON'T YOU... Mehalic, Jessica // Cosmopolitan;Mar2004, Vol. 236 Issue 3, p184
Discusses about the chemistry of body gesture as an appealing factor to draw the attention of one's partner.
- Nice to see you, to see you. Bullivant, Glen // Credit Management;Sep2013, p16
The article offers information on the aspects business official meeting of employees. It highlights the benefits of meeting people face-to face and not just relying on phone calls and social media. It further informs about credit management, which mainly focuses on judgement and a major...
- Chapter 4: Boosting your message with your body language. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Give Great Presentations;2006, p35
Chapter 4 of the book "Bloomsbury Business Library--Give Great Presentations" is presented. It gives several suggestions on how can use different forms of nonverbal communication like body language, tone of the voice, and facial expressions to effectively convey his message to the audience...