Twitter Investor Targets Early Stage
- Scannell Venture Gets $8 Million From Spark. // Multichannel News;1/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p40
The article reports on the plan of video startup Next New Networks to develop broadband micro television networks to be financed with an $8 million equity funding from venture capital firm Spark Capital in the U.S. According to Next New Networks CEO Herb Scannell who led the venture, they are...
- TOP 5 TO START A BUSINESS. M. M. // Islands: An International Magazine;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p48
The article highlights five islands in the world that have been deemed the best places for starting a new business, according to the staff of "Islands: An International Magazine." It notes that American Samoa, an unincorporated U.S. overseas territory in the South Pacific Ocean, charges low...
- Plymouth Venture Partners II completes fundraising at $41M. // Toledo Business Journal;Nov2011, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the completion of fundraising for Plymouth Venture Partners II with 41 million dollars of capital committed, in which it will be used to provide growth capital to new companies located in the Great lakes region.
- Gift box company looking out for small businesses. Watson, Rachel // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/5/2016, Vol. 34 Issue 49, p7
The article presents corporate profile of Boxed GR, a home and online-based company managed by entrepreneur Missy McCall with details including her passion for designing gift boxes, finances for her business and market strategies.
- New S260M Fund Targeting Media. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Multichannel News;10/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p18
Reports on the launch of Spark Capital which aims to invest in businesses that use technology to deliver media in digital format in the U.S. Background on the company's founders; Goal of the company for digital television.
- Centennial investing $130 million in Jamaica. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;7/12/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p39
No abstract available.
- To Be or Not to Be. Egan Jr., Dennis G. // BusinessWest;3/31/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p38
The article discusses the factors to consider when deciding to start a new business. Individuals who want to launch a small business, need to realistically assess their level of experience in the business they will launch. It is essential to determine the amount of capital needed to start and...
- Travel Innovation: The State of Startups 2006-2010. Mulcahy, Anne // PhoCusWright Innovation Edition;Mar2011, Special section p1
The article provides an analysis of the start-up travel businesses, including information on their capital investments. PhoCusWright has introduced the Travel Innovation Summit (TIS) to enable travel innovators to present their case before industry peers. The analysis assessed the areas which...
- CHAPTER 10: Getting Going: Deducting Start-Up Expenses. Fishman, Stephen // Real Estate Agent's Tax Deduction Guide;12/1/2012, p209
The article presents information on how real estate agents in the U.S. can get tax deductions for startup expenses. It is said that startup expenses are defined as costs of starting and running a new business or buying an existing business. It is said that start-up expenses are considered...