Skyhook, Opera Add Location to Browser
- Opera for Epoc beta is capable but large. Brooks, Jason // PC Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p44
Evaluates Opera Software A/S' Opera for Epoc Web browser. Benefits of the browser to users of memory-flush devices; Competitive-advantage for Epoc-based devices; Capabilities and uses; Features; Psion Plc's plan to bundle Opera for Epoc with its netBook and Series 7 handhelds.
- Opera 4.0 is a sleek, slick browser. Rapoza, Jim // PC Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p28
Reports on Opera Software's release of a beta version of its Opera 4.0 browser. Excellent platform support; Lack of Java support; Adherence to specification; Highly customizable.
- Opera 5.0 changes tune to better compete. Rapoza, Jim // eWeek;12/18/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p85
Evaluates the free browser Opera 5.0 from Opera Software A.S. Features; Technology; Business impact.
- Netscape, Standards, and You. Leiserson, Anna Belle // Law Library Journal;Fall2002, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p667
Ms. Leiserson focuses on how the browser you use affects the move toward standards compliance in the Web environment. An appendix provides a checklist for converting bookmarks from Netscape 4 to Internet Explorer or Opera browsers.
- Opera 11 Touts Browsing and Security Enhancements. TABINI, MARCO // Macworld;Mar2011, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p12
The article reviews the software application web browser Opera 11 from Opera Software ASA.
- Opera 8.0 still sings. Rapoza, Jim // eWeek;5/9/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p47
The article focuses on the Web browsing application software Opera 8.0. With release of this software, Opera Software Co. shows that it is still clearly leader when it comes to Web browser innovation. Many of the standard features found in the current generation of browsers, such as cookie...
- Opera, Java harmonize. Moeller, Michael // PC Week;08/10/98, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p23
Reports on Opera 3.5, an upgrade to the Opera browser from Opera Software A/S which includes support for Java and Cascading Style Sheets. The Java Plug-in from Sun Microsystems Inc.; Support for Transport Layer Security 1.0; The popularity of the Opera browser; The small amount of space that...
- Opera 5.0 for Linux. Main, Richard // Australian Personal Computer;Aug2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p42
Presents the Opera 5.0 web browser for Linux computing system by Opera Software in Australia. Installation process of the software; Design and specifications of the browser; Performance capabilities.
- Beyond the browser wars. Rohan, Rebecca // Black Enterprise;Nov99, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p48
Presents information on some popular alternative browsers that support Windows and often other platforms as well. NeoPlanet from NeoPlanet Inc.; Opera 3.60 from Opera Software; NetCaptor 5.04 from Stilesoft Incorporated.