Google Tightens Belt
- New York Google to shed jobs as part of sales restructure. // Campaign;4/3/2009, Issue 13, p16
The article reports on the plan of Google Inc. in cutting 200 jobs from its global sales and marketing team in New York. According to the article, the move is part of the companies sales restructure of its worldwide operation. It notes that the restructure will be affecting North America, taking...
- Google moves to keep its edge. Dougherty, Conor // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/12/2015, p14
The article reports on the reorganisation of search giant Google under the name Alphabet in 2015 and its separation of its moneymaking businesses.
- Everything you need to know about Alphabet. McDuling, John // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/12/2015, p14
The article presents insights on the announcement made by the search advertising giant Google to overhaul its business, rebrand it corporate entity and change its name to Alphabet.
- Alphabet can create a clever conglomerate. Gapper, John // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/14/2015, p21
The article reports that technology company Google Inc. has raised its market capitalisation by 25 billion dollars by shuffling some executive jobs and changing its name to Alphabet.
- Google. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/12/2015, pA02
The article reports on the upgrade of technology company Google Inc. following its restructure plans announcement in 2015.
- Salesman's no fan of no-haggle. Harris, Donna // Automotive News;1/24/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6131, p40
The article informs that during January 1992, Cosby Swanson, Chrysler-Plymouth dealer got fed up with high-pressure salespeople. The St. Petersburg, Florida, Chrysler-Plymouth dealer announced he would fire his sales force, and the news made national headlines. Swanson reduced the sales staff at...
- Google Selling a Division of Recently Acquired Motorola: Report. Weiss, Todd R. // eWeek;8/30/2012, p3
The article reports on the decision of Google Inc. to sell the Home Business division of Motorola Mobility Inc. which it acquired in May 2012. After buying the cellular phone company, Google made changes including layoffs and selling the division. According to a report from Bloomberg News,...
- Google to Lay Off 4,000 from Motorola Mobility Unit. // CIO Insight;8/14/2012, p1
The article reports on the decision of the Internet giant Google Inc. to lay off about 4,000 jobs or 20%of its Motorola Mobility unit in a move to reverse financial losses in the unit. It notes that the job cuts, that include closing of 30 Motorola facility, were announce in Form 8-K filed by...
- Wyeth: job cuts for US sales force. // PharmaWatch: Monthly Review;May2008, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p22
The article reports the plan of pharmaceutical company Wyeth to cut its sales force at the end of March 2008 in the U.S. Sales representatives were notified that they will lose their jobs due to the company's restructuring program. Wyeth also notified its managers that about ten percent of its...