Millions Needed to Get Project Coasting Along
- BRIDGING FINANCE. Wishart, Ian // Investigate;Jun/Jul2012, Vol. 10 Issue 132, p12
The article presents a comparison between New Zealand's infrastructure costs with similar bridge construction projects in the U.S., Australia, and Asia. It mentions New Zealand's projects including 2.8 billion U.S. dollars for Waterview tunnel, 1.4 billion U.S. dollars for surface motorway and...
- Banking on Infrastructure. Natter, Ari // Traffic World;6/23/2008, Vol. 272 Issue 25, p12
The article focuses on the proposal for the establishment of a national infrastructure funding bank in the U.S. It notes on the concerns of country's big city mayors raised to the Senate committee to provide them with fundings to finance infrastructure projects. In response, the Senate banking...
- Some Key Bills Enacted, Others Fall Short. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/13/2008, Vol. 261 Issue 11, p11
The article offers information on bills that were enacted by the U.S. Congress for the 2008 Congressional session. Among the major construction-related legislative accomplishments was the approval of an $8-billion injection for the Highway Trust Fund's weakening highway account. The Congress...
- Making sense of the stimulus. Johnston, Stephanie // Public Works;Sep2009, Vol. 140 Issue 10, p7
The author discusses the funding for public infrastructure projects. She remarks the despite the implementations of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 which provides funding to construction projects across the U.S., cities and states will continue to struggle to meet the...
- Comparative Analyses of Change Orders Costs in Transportation Construction. Agdas, Duzgun; Ellis, Ralph D.; Glagola, Charles R. // AACE International Transactions;2010, pCSC.S11.1
Transportation construction is substantially different from other construction fields due to widespread use of unit price bidding and competitive contract awarding. Thus, the potential for change orders has been the main source of unbalanced bidding for contractors, which can be described as...
- Indiana Governor Ready To Sign Toll, Bridge P3 Bill. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/10/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33279, p4
The article reports on the provision of the Indiana government to privatize two of its largest proposed infrastructure projects under a measure on its way to the desk of Republican Governor Mitch Daniels.
- Delta Leisure Resorts. // Park World;May2011, p6
The article offers information on the 49 billion naira-worth construction project for Delta Leisure Resorts in Nigeria, which will cover a 15-hectare site for a theme park, chalets, and hotels.
- briefs. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Feb2010, Vol. 168 Issue 2, p8
The article offers news briefs including the development of a spectroscope at the Molecular Photophysics Institute, the 123 million dollars grant awarded to The National Institute of Standards and Technology, and the 1,494 million fund given to Angstron Materials Inc.
- construction allowance. // ICSC Dictionary of Shopping Center Terms;2005, p30
A definition of the term "construction allowance," is presented which refers to the money or financial incentives given to tenants for the cost of constructing their store space.