Of Many Things
- The Symbolology of Dionysius the Areopagite. Bychkov, Victor V. // Russian Studies in Philosophy;Summerl2012, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p28
The article discusses the aesthetic aspects of the symbolology introduced by the Byzantine author of the Corpus Areopagiticum (late fifth-early sixth centuries) that was signed in the name of the pupil of the Apostle Paul, Dionysius the Areopagite. The symbolology is understood to mean knowledge...
- Cardinal Jorge A. Medina on the ICEL Controversy. // America;05/13/2000, Vol. 182 Issue 17, p17
Comments on the issue over the revision of the Statutes of the Mixed Commission, known as the International Commission on English in the Liturgy.
- The mission of aging. Murphy, Patricia // Generations;Fall90, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p67
Presents a liturgy used by primarily Christian groups to celebrate with individuals, congregations and workshop groups. Interfaith spirit; Communities of persons who will benefit from the rituals.
- Liturgical research and pastoral liturgy. Holeton, David R. // Anglican Theological Review;Summer90, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p313
Reviews liturgical reforms led by liturgical scholars in Christianity. Christian initiation; Eucharist; Future directions.
- God-language and inclusive language liturgy. McMichael Jr., Ralph N. // Anglican Theological Review;Fall91, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p430
Discusses fundamental ways that language is understood as it is employed to speak of God, and how this God-talk relates to the language of worship. Basic ways one might do God-Language and how this determines the language we use in liturgies; Analogy and Thomas Aquinas; Analogical tradition;...
- The artistry of liturgical words. L'Engle, Madeleine // Anglican Theological Review;Fall91, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p458
Focuses on the artistry of liturgical words. Usage of contemporary words; Convictions and comprehension; Christian beliefs; Reconciliation that art is born, song and picture and story; Drama of the liturgy.
- The supplemental liturgical texts: A theological inquiry. Schuler, Rock // Anglican Theological Review;Fall91, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p466
Examines the revision of the Supplemental Liturgical Texts from a critical and theological standpoint. Discussion on `An Order of Worship for the Evening'; Positive contributions of the Rites; Trends throughout the liturgies; Orthodox understanding of the Trinity and salvation through the...
- Reckonings 7 the reshaping of liturgical studies. Bradshaw, Paul F. // Anglican Theological Review;Fall90, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p481
Discusses the development of the study of liturgy. Importance of liturgical research; Linkage between questions of theology and liturgy; Approaches in the study of liturgy.
- Founder's Message. Spencer, Anne H. // Subconsciously Speaking;Aug92, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p2
No abstract available.