Tornado Strikes Unified Messaging
- Unified messaging features for wireless service providers. // Telecom Asia;May2001, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p56
Announces the availability of a new suite of features for Tornado Development's Tornado Messenger unified messaging (UM) engine. Functions of the wireless application protocol, personal digital assistant and video mail feature; Integration of its UM engine directly into the wireless switch.
- Don't dial up for GPRS yet. Els, Frik // Finance Week;10/5/2001, p40
Focuses on the development of general packet radio service in South Africa. Convergence of mobile cellular networks and the Internet; Performance of wireless application protocols; Reasons for the delay in making the service. INSET: On the way to 3G..
- INNOVATIONS IN REACH. // eWeek;12/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p103
Examines twelve technologies affecting information technology (IT) and electronic business in the United States for the year 2001. Impact of wireless connectivity and network dependence on integrity and privacy concerns; Demands placed by business and entertainment activities on IT; Prediction...
- Unleashed. // Caribbean Business;2/27/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p28
Focuses on the installation of information technology in wireless telecommunication systems. Prediction that wireless systems will be the final destination by which information technology will lead to in the next five years and beyond; Examples of information technology-enabled wireless...
- * Data takes its first steps. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;03/16/98, Vol. 234 Issue 11, p54
Reports on United States telco carriers that are beginning to offer basic data services on handsets. PrimeCo Personal Communication's information services; AirTouch; Text services by OmniPoint and Speech Machines; Text information services by StayTuned.
- Mobile market reaches 50%. // Budapest Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p6
Reports the increase of the number of mobile phone users in Hungary. Number of subscribers using Pannon GSM Rt's services; Percentage rate of increase on Westel Rt.
- Road Warriors Stay Connected Wirelessly. Highley, Jay // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;03/20/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p27
Discusses the changes brought by the information technology. Brief history of wireless technology; Advantages of wireless technology as a business tool; Other benefits.
- Wireless Access: Too Much in Touch? Desmond, John P. // Software Magazine;Aug/Sep2001, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p4
Comments on the impact of wireless technology on information technology organizations. Forecast on the use of wireless devices in Europe and the United States; Advantages of having connections with regard to information technology; Recommendations on the use of wireless technology.
- Upwardly Mobile: A Wireless Primer. Hayes, Ian S. // Software Magazine;Aug/Sep2001, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p40
Examines the challenges posed by the influx of wireless applications to information technology organizations. Industrial sectors in which wireless technology is used; How wireless technology functions; Implications of wireless technology for information technology. INSET: Hot Off the Wireless.