Telematics' Heated Rivalry
- New models loaded with computer power. Krebs, Michelle // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p20
Focuses on the popularity of telematic systems incorporated in the contemporary automobile models in the United States. Definition of the telematic system; Automobile models with technologically innovated communication system; Forecast on the increase application of automotive telematics.
- Gearing up for the infotainment revolution. // Automotive Engineer;Sep2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p61
Focuses on the development of car infotainment and telematics. Facilitation of the creation of an in-car mobile office featuring Internet and electronic-mail offices; Use of digital transmission of voice calls; Application of infrared sensors. INSETS: FROM SEA-OF-IP TO CAR INFOTAINMENT...
- Technological liberties. Kimberley, William // Automotive Engineer;Nov2001, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p3
Focuses on the technological innovations in the automotive industry. Alternative fuel engines and powertrains; Growth of telematics in vehicle; Removable car navigation systems.
- When is too much too much? Crain, Keith // Automotive News Europe;5/6/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p10
Comments on the utilization of automobile technology discussed during the 2002 Automotive New Europe conference. Safety issues on the use of cellular phones while driving; Adjustments on engine control; Discussion on the installation of telematics in automobiles.
- DISTRACTION KILLS. Cadogan, John // Motor;Apr2002, p135
Reports the objection of U.S. researcher Barry Kantowitz to the design of in-car telematic devices. Claim of an increasing complexity in the systems; Diversion of attention from driving; Identification of the types of mental distraction.
- Telematics need new business model. Priddle, Alisa // Ward's Auto World;Jan2002, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p10
Reveals that consumers in the United States want telematics in their cars. Expected revenues from telematics; Disadvantages of telematics to consumers or original equipment manufacturers.
- How many jobs can a driver do? Crain, Keith // Automotive News;7/2/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5937, p12
Comments on the usefulness of technological upgrades incorporated in cars. Discussions on automobile telematics at the Automotive News Europe Congress held in Prague, Czech Republic; Expected increase in competition in the field of automobile telematics; Necessity for automotive engineers to...
- Telematics: The view from within. Krebs, Michelle // Crain's Detroit Business;10/29/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 45, pE-3
Features on the advantages of automotive telematics. Provision of automotive research and analysis by the Telematics Research Group; Importance of telematics in telecommunications and computer power; Use of simulator for automakers. INSET: WHAT'S ON NOW..
- ENTER (WEBCASTS). // Auto Body Repair Network;Oct2015, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p13
The article offers information on webcasts offered at MotorAge.com, as of October 1, 2015 including tracking results when planning marketing, use of GOLO telematics by car shops to perform remote diagnostics, and introduction of cyber security legislation for cars.