Closing The Continental Divide
- Closing The Continental Divide. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;10/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 43, p38
Deals with the plan of Sprint PCS and Pegaso PCS to offer seamless transnational roaming for its wireless subscribers who travel frequently to Mexico. Main goal in providing the roaming service; Background information on both companies; Cultural challenges faced by Pegaso in offering the...
- BREAKING NEWS. // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p3
Presents news briefs on wireless communication issues in the United States. Investment made by Sprint PCS company to Pegaso company; Employees who will share the settlement of Qualcomm company; Features of the solution launched by SSC Communications Corp.; Acquisition of JetCell Inc. by Cisco...
- Opportunities On The Border. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;03/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p13
Interviews Tom Mateer, vice president of affiliations and private label services at Sprint PCS, about wireless communication in Latin America. Benefits of partnering with a Latin American provider; Focus on the alliance between Sprint and Pegaso PCS; Concept behind cross-border roaming.
- Sprint PCS to acquire 30 percent of Pegaso. // RCR;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p2
Focuses on Sprint PCS' plan to acquire an interest in Mexican wireless carrier Pegaso.
- Sprint studies taking stake in Mexican carrier. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p1
Reports that Sprint Corp. is in deep negotiations with owners of Mexican wireless operator Pegaso PCS to gain a stake in the carrier. Implications of an ownership agreement; Sprint's first foray into the international wireless market.
- Pegaso launches in Tijuana. // RCR;03/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p39
Reports on Pegaso PCS' launching of its wireless communications services in Tijuana, Mexico. Plan by the company to build a nationwide network in Mexico; Government officials who attended the launch ceremony; Remarks from Harvey White, chairman and chief executive officer of Leap Wireless...
- Pegaso gets $100M in capital. // RCR;03/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p8
Reports that Pegaso PCS has obtained $100 million in working capital from a consortium of international financial institutions to complete the funding it needs to build out and launch its wireless network in Mexico.
- Sprint Dials Again. Becker, Michael // Latin Trade (English);Mar2000, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p18
Deals with a memorandum of understanding signed by Sprint's wireless division, Sprint PCS and Mexican Telecom start-up Pegaso PCS for a possible partnership in December 1999. Percentage of Pegaso that could be purchased by Sprint; Statement issued by Sprint PCS spokesman Tom Murphy; Services...
- Breaking News. // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p3
Presents several news briefs concerning the wireless communication industry as of August 30, 1999. Service launched by Pegaso PCS, a Mexican operating company of Leap Wireless International Inc. in Guadalajara; Company executives appointed by IFR Systems Inc.; Cities that were added to the...