Ready For WLAN To Take Off
- United, Delta help expand broadband access in airports. // RCR Wireless News;10/9/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p37
Reports on the agreement formed by United Airlines Inc. with Aerzone aimed at increasing the accessibility and ease with which its customers will be able to use wireless devices such as personal digital assistants and wireless-enabled laptop computers.
- Airline Paging Service Flying High. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;02/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the success of the paging service offered by United Airlines to its passengers. How the service works; Sample of airlines with wireless check-in services; Remarks from Niru Shah, director of electronic commerce systems for United Networks.
- BILL'S BUSINESS: briefly. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;8/31/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p4
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. on topics including the donation from Volkswagen Group of America to the MLK Memorial Foundation, the permission asked by Dish Network Corp. to build a wireless broadband network, and the United Airlines Inc.'s investment to improve seating on its planes.
- United enhances travel applications. // RCR;08/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p22
Announces United Airlines' introduction of enhancements to United Update, a suite of applications designed to inform travelers with Wireless Application Protocol-enabled wireless devices of flight and travel information via United's wireless Web sites.
- An Optimistic Road Trip Lies Ahead. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;4/15/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p26
Looks at the wireless offerings of companies in the travel industry in the U.S.. Benefits of the wireless program adopted by Six Continents Hotels of Atlanta, Georgia; Features of the EasyUpdate wireless service of United Airlines Inc.; Travel booking services which adopted access; Key to the...
- FAA APPROVES VERIZON AND UNITED AIRLINES WIFI PROGRAM. // RBOC Update;Jul2005, pN.PAG
Reports on the approval given by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration to United Airlines and Verizon Airfone to install cabin equipment on board a commercial aircraft necessary for their wireless fidelity program as of July 2005. Actions taken by the two companies to obtain the...
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...
- So many decisions. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the 2001 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium Global Summit. Theme of the event; Highlights of the summit; Its participants.
- WAP Forum predicts products for spring. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p64
Details the Wireless Application Forum (WAP) meeting held in February 1999 in Dallas, Texas, focused on determining the vision of wireless communication systems industry in the United States for 2000 and the 21st century. Announcement of expanded membership; Introduction of formal...