A Dubious Victory For CDMA
- Mobile telecoms firms heed Chinese whispers. // Electronics Weekly;3/1/2006, Issue 2230, p3
The article presents information on China as an enormous market for the Western telecommunication industry. The top two wireless carriers, China Mobile and China Unicom Ltd., together currently have nearly 380 million subscribers. The sever blow hit when the Chinese government announced its home...
- I Go Go LBS in China. // GPS World;Sep2003, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p86
Announces the launching of location-based services by China Unicom Limited using its code division multiple access 1X network. Use of gpsOne assisted Global Positioning System; Complement to the launching of the Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless (BREW) platform; Features of the BREW...
- Stop and go. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;10/30/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 18, p32
Reports on the plan of China Unicom to deploy code division multiple access (CDMA). Expectation from the deployment of CDMA technology; Issue that affected the plans for CDMA deployments; Royalty deals signed by Qualcomm with China's telecommunications vendors. INSET: Competition Watch.
- Qualcomm's China blues continue. Chan, Tony // Telecom Asia;Jul2000, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p18
Reports on code division multiple access (CDMA) provider Qualcomm Inc.'s problems in China. Cancellation of the deal with China Unicom; Speculations on whether or not China Unicom will adopt the CDMA standard; Competition for Qualcomm's licensing deals with Chinese manufacturers.
- China CDMA Rumors Swirl. // Wireless Week;02/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p1
Reports that the Chinese government will delay the deployment of a code division multiple access (CDMA) network by customer China Unicom. Reason for the delay in CDMA deployment; Reaction of Qualcomm on the delayed deployment.
- Qualcomm Stock Reacts to China News. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;5/21/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p8
Reports that the China Unicom has ordered telecommunications equipment based on the wireless standard, the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) technology. Impact of equipment orders on the stock performance of the Qualcomm Inc., a pioneer in the CDMA and holder of patents on the technology;...
- China Unicom: Press 'P' For Profit. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/10/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 29, p7
Reports on the rise in the price of the Hong Kong-listed shares of China Unicom as of November 2003. Factors attributed to the price increase; Improvement in the code division multiple access business; Reluctance of Chinese authorities to allow the yuan to appreciate.
- China Unicom reaches 10M subs. // RCR Wireless News;5/19/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p15
Reports on the number of subscribers reached by China Unicom on its code division multiple access (CDMA) network. Comparison between the global system for mobile communications subscribers of China Unicom and the subcribers of China Mobile; Date of the launch of the CDMA service of China Unicom.
- China's 3G battle rages on. // Asia-Pacific Telecom;Feb2012, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the increase in the number of subscribers of telecommunications companies in China in December 2011. It is said that China Mobile's customer base grew to 649.568 million subscribers from 584.017 million users in 2010. China Unicom has recorded 14.060 million users of its...