AT&T Wireless Breaks Into SMS Market
- It's your move. Todd, Karissa // Wireless Review;08/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p5
Focuses on issues considered in the implementation of of wireless local loop (WLL) in the wireless telecommunication industry. Comments on the Project Angel plans of AT&T Wireless; Significance of WLL issues on local carriers; Effect of marketing prices to wireless phone subcribers.
- AT&T launches two new nationwide calling plans. // RCR Wireless News;5/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p9
Reports on the introduction of a pair of nationwide calling plans by AT& T Wireless Services Inc. designed to take advantage of its network technology. Details of the plan; Discussion on how to avail for the rate plans.
- AT&T forms partnerships for travel services. // RCR Wireless News;12/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p9
Reports on AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s introduction of a wireless travel concierge portfolio to its Digital PocketNet wireless Internet service via partnerships with several companies and content providers.
- The Dangers Of Legacy Networks. Drucker, Elliott // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p32
Comments that the most significant subtext of AT&T Wireless Incorporated's third-generation wireless communication migration strategy is the risk involved in creating legacy networks. How code division multiple access operators were able to ease the pressure on their analog networks; Expected...
- AT&T Wireless offers shared calling plans. // RCR Wireless News;6/25/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p27
Focuses on the two calling plans offered by AT&T Wireless for wireless calls made between subscribers. AT&T Shared Advantage; AT&T Wireless Mobile-to-Mobile Minutes.
- AT&T Fixed-Wireless Service To Spread. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;08/07/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p33
Reports on AT&T Wireless' plan expand its residential broadband voice/data service to four more cities in the United States by the end of 2000. Availability of the company's fixed-wireless service in 40 markets nationwide; Key features of AT&T Digital Broadband.
- Wireleast. Samiljan, Tom // New York;3/22/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p110
Criticizes the wireless telephone services offered by AT&T Wireless in New York City. Number of deadspots.
- AT&T Travels New Road To mMode. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on AT&T Wireless' mMode service. View of wireless research director, Becky Diercks on mMode and mLife services; Estimated cost of basic mMode access a month; Other NTT DoCoMo partners that are in the process of introducing i-mode services.
- In Brief. // Wireless Review;6/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p12
Presents news briefs on the wireless telecommunication industry as of June 2001. Addition of Mobliss' polling technology to the PocketNet service of AT&T Wireless; Prediction on Latin America's revenue from wireless Internet in 2004.