Sprint PCS Luanches AOL Instant Messaging
- Portable portals. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;03/06/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 10, p22
Reports that Sprint PCS and America Online Inc. have announced plans to develop wireless interactive services. Forecast on the number of wireless portal users by 2006 according to a report from The Strategies Group; Comments from Charles Levine, chief marketing and sales officer at Sprint.
- LV native's website serves contractors across U.S. Burbank, Jeff // Las Vegas Business Press;10/23/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p26
Reports on developments in technology in Las Vegas, Nevada for the period ended October 23, 2000. Launching of the everycontractor.com Web site that contains the largest database of information on the construction industry on the Internet, by resident David Johnson; Deal between Spring PCS and...
- Sprint's Got AOL. Rockhold, John // Wireless Review;07/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p19
Focuses on the agreement formed by America Online (AOL) with Sprint PCS' Wireless Web. Key part of the AOL strategy; How Sprint PCS subscribers can access the AOL; Other services included in the Wireless Web.
- Spring pursues middlemen role. Morgan, Bryan // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p26
Reports on the Wireless Application Manager platform by Sprint PCS which uses the intelligent deployment of Web services. Developers' means of becoming partners; Reasons the wireless Web has failed; Submission of the J2ME Web services specification to the Java Community Process.
- Sprint PCS disappoints, VoiceStream surprises with 4Q adds. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the decline in customer growth at wireless firm Sprint PCS in the fourth quarter of 2001. Number of net customers added; Factors which contributed to the decline in customer additions; Views of analysts on the decline.
- Making money online. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p41
Focuses on the combination of Internet applications and wireless technologies. Evaluation of the business plans of Internet and wireless technologies; Overview of the report `Creating the New World Wireless Operator'; Business models established by Sprint PCS company. INSET: Briefly.
- Maybe Next Year? Beach, Tarre; Harter, Betsy // Wireless Review;12/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p3
Focuses on the wireless services offered by Sprint PCS company. Reason of people for using Sprint PCS service; Cities covered by the signals of Sprint PCS.
- Sprint PCS. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p16
Presents information on wireless communication carrier Sprint PCS. Number of subscribers and employees in the third quarter of 2001; Information on the Clear Pay plan of the company.
- Hot summer nights. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p12
Addresses the issues affecting the wireless communication industry in the United States as of May 2001. Legislation mandating hands-free cellular telephone use; Controversy involving the communication tower of Sprint PCS in Colorado.