BT Spinoff Plans May Flounder; CFO Jumps Ship
- BT Off Hook As Investors Back Wireless Divestiture. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p19
Reports that the British Telecommunications PLC (BT) has won shareholder approval to spin off its wireless business operations as a separately listed company by late November 2001. Details of the planned spinoff; Concerns of union and small shareholders over the move; Brief financial status of...
- BT wireless spinoff complete. // RCR Wireless News;11/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p19
Reports on the completion of the spinoff of British Telecommunications PLC. Companies that were formed due to the spinoff.
- Vodafone calls for BT and Openreach split. Stubbs, Agnes // Capacity Magazine;10/26/2015, p1
Vodafone has called for the break-up of BT, adding to the increasing number of operators rallying for the split, ahead of a regulatory review of the UK telecoms industry.
- Why BT shareholders face a fruitful season. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;10/12/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p27
Asserts that Philip Hampton's appointment as British Telecom PLC's group finance director signals its imminent breakup. Company's reaction to media's reaction to its business strategy; Rationale of the breakup; Hampton's role in the divestiture of British Gas PLC.
- BT rings the changes with the right blend. Paton, Nic // Personnel Today;7/16/2002, p21
Reports the business plans of the telecommunications firm British Telecom in Great Britain. Integration of the telecommunication business; Generation of pre-tax profits; Benefits offered to employees.
- BT growth strategy relies on flexibility. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;4/9/2002, p7
Reports the business strategy and work-life balance by telecommunication company BT. Launch of a performance-related-pay scheme; Increase of staff ability to work; Expansion of work-life practices.
- ET faces axe in BT creative overhaul. Tylee, John // Campaign (UK);11/3/2000, Issue 44, p1
Reports the plan of BT on not renewing the contract with the creators of ET in Great Britain. Concerns raised by the company on the ET contract; Comments of a company insider on the renewal of the contract; Relevance of the campaign to the business.
- BT splits itself up. // America's Network;7/1/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p52
Reports on the announced plan of British Telecom PLC to break itself up with a full spinoff of its wireless business. Value of the company's debt and its cause; Subsidiaries and interests that the company is planning to sell.
- BT begins to sell assets. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p8
Reports that British Telecommunications PLC is planning to sell its stake in Swiss joint venture telecommunications company Sunrise to TeleDanmark.