Yahoo! Launches Localized M-commerce
- My Yahoo!? My, oh my! Perry, Joellen // U.S. News & World Report;04/23/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 16, p42
Focuses on Yahoo!, the World Wide Web electronic commerce company. Launch of a pornographic films section; Decision to remove the pornographic offerings after consumer complaints; Impact of a slump in online advertising on the company; Job cuts.
- Q2 results offer a small yahoo. Taylor, Catharine P.; Mand, Adrienne // Advertising Age;7/16/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 29, p36
The article points out that the 2001 second-quarter financial reports of the Internet advertising bellwethers, Yahoo! and DoubleClick, indicate that the online industry is still practically at the bottom. DoubleClick slightly surpassed expectations by losing only 7 cents per share instead of the...
- Yahoo launches yuletide electronic commerce. Warner, Bernhard // MediaWeek;12/01/97, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p47
Focuses on Yahoo Inc.'s Christmas promotions. Sponsors; Biggest advertiser promotion of any Yahoo project; Cost of the three-week promotion; First online marketing opportunity for J.Crew.
- Ho! Ho! Yahoo! // Adweek Midwest Edition;11/24/97, Vol. 38 Issue 47, p27
Describes the search feature developed by Yahoo for the Visa Shopping Guide by Yahoo.
- YAHOO SHOOTS FOR B2B--AND DOESN'T QUITE SCORE. Taschek, John // PC Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p59
Comments on the failure of Yahoo! Inc. to maximize its venture into the business-to-business (B2B) electronic commerce market. Examination of Yahoo's competitiveness with established B2B companies such as eBay; Prospects of customers' support for Yahoo's B2B auction site.
- FastFacts. // Inter@ctive Week;06/14/99, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p46
Presents news on business-to-consumer commerce on the Web. Growth of the customer base of Amazon.com; Plan of Yahoo! with Mpath Interactive's HearMe.com service; Partnership of NetB@nk with security company Intellimedia.
- 7 DAYS ON NMA.CO.UK. // New Media Age;5/11/2006, p8
This article offers news briefs concerning the Internet industry as of May 11, 2006. Waterstone's announced plans to launch an online retail store to sell books as well as create a community of booklovers. Yahoo! plans to launch a search advertising platform later in the year with a raft of...
- Yahoo Beats, Outlook Light. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/16/2013, pA01
3 The Internet giant's Q3 EPS fell 3% to 34 cents, but beat by a penny. Revenue slid 1% to $1.08 bil, in line.
- Hands off Microhoo. Boulton, Clint // eWeek;3/10/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p10
The article focuses on the online advertising war between Google and Microsoft in the U.S. It revealed that Google tried to shut down Microsoft's acquisition of Yahoo, wherein it plans to draft an advertising campaign to blast the deal by appealing to investors to say no to Microsoft and tried...